I bought another toy that's.... not a Lamborghini

Kerplop

Ever since I was a little kid, I remember playing Viper Racing, and had a soft spot for vipers.

I had an incredible opportunity that came up that I could not say no to.  Now I own another car I always wanted.  A first gen, 1995 RT/10.  It needs some love and a few things here and there, but god dammit is it fun to drive.

131893778_10157453470936744_4393644244011193977_n.jpg

131924523_10157453471006744_5578234186244142029_n.jpg

131927489_10157453470576744_4646225469960441651_n.jpg

Thanks guys, this car is a fcuking blast.  Zero complaints.  It needs a little love on a few things that have been neglected on maintenance but parts are already arriving today and this weekend she'll get a full tuneup, full sensor replacement on the car, and will be good as new.  Already bled the coolant system and have made sure everything else is working.

I took it for a spirited drive the other night at some twisties and it handles great.  Given just how easy it is to break traction with some happy throttle movements, I understand why they have such a reputation.  Loving it!

6 hours ago, Kerplop said:

Thanks guys, this car is a fcuking blast.  Zero complaints.  It needs a little love on a few things that have been neglected on maintenance but parts are already arriving today and this weekend she'll get a full tuneup, full sensor replacement on the car, and will be good as new.  Already bled the coolant system and have made sure everything else is working.

I took it for a spirited drive the other night at some twisties and it handles great.  Given just how easy it is to break traction with some happy throttle movements, I understand why they have such a reputation.  Loving it!

Fun car. No ABS can be a bit scary. If it has the original shifter I would definitely recommend swapping it for one with shorter throw.

On 12/23/2020 at 4:25 PM, sprite said:

Fun car. No ABS can be a bit scary. If it has the original shifter I would definitely recommend swapping it for one with shorter throw.

Most of my cars have never had ABS.  In fact, the only car I've owned to date that does is my 997.  I've never been big on ABS.  I haven't looked into shifters just yet but the throw is definitely uh, pretty long.  Oddly though it's pretty damn crisp, and the linkage feels great.  For such an older car with the miles it has, it shifts and drives fantastic.  Just really needs a tuneup.  Paint correction will be on my list as well.  It appears the previous owner, or a previous owner attempted to wet sand some spots for an unknown reason and never finished cutting and buffing the clear.  A bit annoying but nothing I can't fix.

I'm looking forward to getting it back into beautiful, happy, mechanically fit shape.

Such a sweet snag! My brother is picking up a 96 GTS Pace Car Edition and he's quite excited about it. Glad to know I have someone to bother with tech questions if he asks me! :lol2: