94 Diablo 2wd Non working rev counter/tachometer, headlights, fog lights

stephenw175

Hi everyone, just bought a 94 Diablo from a private seller, has a couple of issues, one of them being that the rev counter does not work, nor does it light up (all other gauges in the instrument binnacle light up and work though) and also the headlights will not turn on using the switches on the centre panel, only the sidelights will turn on. However, I am able to flash the headlights using the stalk on the steering column so they must work. Would this point to a fuse or something else I can diagnose and replace? Or would I be better to get an auto electrician to look at it?

thanks in advance

8 hours ago, stephenw175 said:

I should also mention that it is a 94 but has a 6.0 front bumper and headlights, so the fixed headlight

Since the 94 didnt come with fixed headlights, Id imagine the fault could lay in incorrect aftermarket wiring. 

not sure with the early cars (with Lucas stalks)  but the later cars (with Alfa stalks), the headlight switches are on the indicator stalk.

the centre console light switch is for the overhead light above the rear view mirror.

On 3/5/2021 at 1:36 PM, Davo456 said:

not sure with the early cars (with Lucas stalks)  but the later cars (with Alfa stalks), the headlight switches are on the indicator stalk.

the centre console light switch is for the overhead light above the rear view mirror.

Thanks - good info to know - I can only get the main beams to flash when pulling the indicator stalk, pushing it away or twisting doesn't seem to do anything and the only way i've been able to get the dipped beams to come on so far is to bridge the relay in the passenger footwell