head room between 08 SL and lp550-2

Brenton

Hi All

is there any difference in the head room between the 08 SL and LP550-2?

I have been in the SL and can feel my hair on the roof liner, I am just over 6 foot. I have not got a LP550 to sit in but think I like the idea of a RWD V10 and am looking to buy

On 3/10/2021 at 4:44 AM, Brenton said:

Hi All

is there any difference in the head room between the 08 SL and LP550-2?

I have been in the SL and can feel my hair on the roof liner, I am just over 6 foot. I have not got a LP550 to sit in but think I like the idea of a RWD V10 and am looking to buy

I suppose it would depend on the seats. If the SL seats were any lower you could have an issue in the 550. But memory doesn't serve me well. Anyone able to chime in on this one? 

My recollection is the seats in the SL are lower. I even recall a few people doing things like remounting to try to get a few extra inches (more like centimeters) with mixed success. Just don't what Shaq did (cut the frame to fit).

There is 1/4 inch spacers under seat fram. They can be removed. Can lead to some wear on carpet after some time exp. if you adjust the seat alot. Seat mounting bolts go thru spacers on all 4 mount points.