Do Any Of You Live In Condos? How Is Your Lambo Insured

dnm7

Im trying to get insurance after moving into a condo. Hagerty/heacock/etc all have the same response they don't want to insure it unless its in a garage and a condo garage is considered a public space and they don't want the risk. How have you guys insured exotics in condos? I even spoke with a regular company like state farm and they don't insure cars over $250k.

17 hours ago, dnm7 said:

Im trying to get insurance after moving into a condo. Hagerty/heacock/etc all have the same response they don't want to insure it unless its in a garage and a condo garage is considered a public space and they don't want the risk. How have you guys insured exotics in condos? I even spoke with a regular company like state farm and they don't insure cars over $250k.

That sucks and surprises me. What if the parking is considered "secure" or assigned? 

3 hours ago, Destructo said:

That sucks and surprises me. What if the parking is considered "secure" or assigned? 

No and whats weird is there are countless exotics at my building. I don't know whats going on none of these insurers want it unless its in a locked garage. Im really trying to understand how to get this insured, I had an exotic with state farm a couple years back and they didn't care. I used them bc of the same issue, but i didn't know when i purchased this one that state farm has a $250k limit. I insured the car at my home bc thats where I bought it, but we recently sold home for a condo so now its a pickle

Have you tried a Barrett-Jackson affiliated insurer?

On 3/17/2021 at 7:33 PM, DoctaM3 said:

Have you tried a Barrett-Jackson affiliated insurer?

Thanks for the tip, tried this morning, no luck This is what Im attempting to insure the roadster for $375k. My RS6 i have with state farm no big deal. The car seemingly has to be in a locked garage at a home and all the companies said no condo bc people are around it and can touch it ummm ok what about all the cars at cars and coffee? Anyhow Its become a pickle. I may have to send it to one of those storage facilities till i figure something out, i dont like the idea of something happening in the condo garage and its not covered. Very frustrating situation. I am thinking its possible to maybe add it to your policy when you own a condo? For us, the market heated up a lot in south florida, we sold home and got a condo on the beach for a little till i decide the next move. Again can insure with state farm anything up to $250k. There are 2 aventadors in this garage i need to get a hold of one of the owners and ask.

Any tips would be welcome.

Also currently paying around $5400/yr for 1k miles with H, and thats with Mercedes club of america discount and massive deductible of $20k. I have no wrecks on record so thats not a concern.

IMG_6569-2.jpg

I live in a condo. Surprised State Farm won't insure your car. Both my Aventador SVJ Roadster and LP640 are insured with them.

2008 LP640: $1,477.34 / 6 mos

2020 Aventador SVJ Roadster: $2,566.99 / 6 mos

$2k deductible.

8 hours ago, sprite said:

I live in a condo. Surprised State Farm won't insure your car. Both my Aventador SVJ Roadster and LP640 are insured with them.

$2k deductible.

That's interesting maybe its just the state im in? They told me $250k limit. Ok but question, with state farm its not agreed value is it? It's just a policy where if you're in a wreck you get blue book right? At least thats how i understand the policy for my RS6. With hagerty you're paying more bc you get a check for your amount no questions asked. Ya its weird there's so many exotics here in the condo, but i assume bc its a vacation place, most are registered elsewhere. I don't think it would be an issue if i owned the condo and maybe added to policy grouped in by say like AIG but being that I just sold the house and im renting, I have nothing to attach this to so Chubb/aig wont do it now.

The manger of the building is working on contacting a few owners that have a few of the private garages here to see if i can rent one, lots aren't even being used. If I get one it wont be an issue.

Thanks for the help!

Recently had the same issue after moving into a condo and trying to insure my cars. I live in Texas, but was able to get an agreed value policy thru Safeco. Might be worth a shot 

On 3/20/2021 at 2:57 AM, sprite said:

$2k deductible.

http://www.exoticspotter.com/lamborghini-aventador-atlanta-georgia-271840

Is this yours? 

13 hours ago, Destructo said:

Looks like his. What a beaut! 

I dont remember seeing pictures of his but knew he was getting this color. Looks awesome! Gino's purple SVJ and Urus is awesome too.

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, sprite said:

That'd be mine :) 

It is beautifull!

Can I really not type an exclamation point here? 

• 9 months later...
On 3/20/2021 at 12:16 PM, dnm7 said:

That's interesting maybe its just the state im in? They told me $250k limit. Ok but question, with state farm its not agreed value is it? It's just a policy where if you're in a wreck you get blue book right? At least thats how i understand the policy for my RS6. With hagerty you're paying more bc you get a check for your amount no questions asked. Ya its weird there's so many exotics here in the condo, but i assume bc its a vacation place, most are registered elsewhere. I don't think it would be an issue if i owned the condo and maybe added to policy grouped in by say like AIG but being that I just sold the house and im renting, I have nothing to attach this to so Chubb/aig wont do it now.

The manger of the building is working on contacting a few owners that have a few of the private garages here to see if i can rent one, lots aren't even being used. If I get one it wont be an issue.

Thanks for the help!

Chubb will insure it.