"Two further new products based on the iconic V12" - Lamborghini

Destructo

Lamborghini had it's second best year ever, which is incredible considering the climate of things.

However the more interesting tidbit is the crumb they dangled at the end of it's press release.

Link: https://media.lamborghini.com/english/latest-news/all/automobili-lamborghini--strong-profitability-and-second-best-year-ever-for-turnover-and-sales/s/feb6ace0-d0bb-4694-849e-25ccf620871d

"This year, the Huracán STO will be joined by two further new products, based on the iconic V12."

Any guess' as to what is going to show up?

I was just discussing this with Lambocars. And my guess is that they will do some sort of a last edition based on the SVJ. Again. Because I don't see a reason why they need to tease two new one-off cars that are already spoken for? So I think they are just going to buy some more time with a new sticker pack for the SVJ. That sort of deal.

1 hour ago, Luckydaff said:

I was just discussing this with Lambocars. And my guess is that they will do some sort of a last edition based on the SVJ. Again. Because I don't see a reason why they need to tease two new one-off cars that are already spoken for? So I think they are just going to buy some more time with a new sticker pack for the SVJ. That sort of deal.

Agreed. I figured special edition (again....) but who knows. Maybe they'll surprise us. 

A few members here had already knew what one of them is a while back; we are just helping Lamborghini to keep it under wraps.  A hint: this is an anniversary year for an iconic classic model; hence, a few-off model will be made for that occasion --- Aventador chassis + new shell + Sian underpinnings (off the record, imo, the "few" are not few at all & it's $$$ for what it really is).  For the other, there are 2 rumours: 1) as mentioned above, it's some kind of sticker/paintjob edition based on the SVJ.  2) a SVJ-lite / S ver.1.5 variant as a send-off model.  (No confirmation on either though.)  

One of them is certainly this. 

Lamborghini-Aventador-Nes-Countach-1.jpg

Miura is turning 55 years old this year. The first Countach prototype was presented in 1971, 50 years ago. Diablo had a 30th anniversary last year. Murcielago is 20 years old this year. Aventador itself is 10 years old this year. 

So place your bets. 

Actually there is a different reference to these items:

https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/news/lamborghini-inaugurates-a-2021-marked-by-strong-growth

The excellent trend was accompanied by the sales launch of the Huracán STO - Super Trofeo Omologata model, the new luxury super sports car inspired by the sports tradition of the Huracán Super Trofeo EVO and the Huracán GT3 EVO, which will be followed by two more product novelties based on the iconic V12 in the months to come.

Sounds like these "novelties" would be track cars?  Or as referred to above, simply some one-off models with limited production runs? (a Winkelmann speciality)

On 3/29/2021 at 11:58 AM, christiann said:

why would they not use the new platform for the countach. 

I would venture a guess that it all has to do with costs.  Who knows how "complete" is the development/testing of the new platform.  And it's a better marketing spin to say their new flagship has a brand new chassis than to use it on a few-off model.  But avoiding DOT, EU and whatever countries' crash safety testing is likely the key as data already exists for the Aventador chassis. That would save a ton of money and time for fast-tracking this new few-off model.  Quickest and easiest way to raise funds --- put a new shell on an existing chassis & drivetrain, in this case, the Sian.  

this is the reason i will pass on the offer. selling 12 year old tech is like putting lip stick on the pig for big $$.  i know the demographics dont care and will buy it anyway. rather put my $$ in the older stuff

1 hour ago, christiann said:

this is the reason i will pass on the offer. selling 12 year old tech is like putting lip stick on the pig for big $$.  i know the demographics dont care and will buy it anyway. rather put my $$ in the older stuff

I whole-heartedly agree.  I passed on the Sian for the same reason.  Decade old chassis, drivetrain & electronics with a hybrid system which Lamborghini themselves had conceded that it's rather obsolete.  Not that the Sian is bad per se but it just isn't worth that kind of $$ that they asked for.  This one is a rebodied Sian and --- as you likely knew already --- the units available will be a lot more.  I too would put my $$ on the vintage models.