Highest pitch exhaust for 6.2

Cullifornication

Hello everyone,

I've been looking through pretty much everything without really finding my perfect answer.

I'm looking to achieve the highest possible pitch on my gated 6.2 roadster.

I was looking into a stage6motorsport steel headers and full LOC exhaust, but then I was advised to go for a custom titanium exhaust to achieve even higher pitch.

Now, I was quoted by Gintani 25-30000 usd for titanium exhaust, steel headers and ECU remap and man hours. Which I find a bit expensive tbh.

So my question is the following, should I change the headers knowing that I don't care about gain or loss of hp/torque. And does anyone have advice on exhaust ?

Thank you so much in advance for your help

I've got an MSI Racing exhaust plus stage 1 cat delete on my '03 and it screams pretty nicely; no idea if that company still exists or not as it's been on my car for 13+ years, or how you'd compare one to another unless you got a bunch of owners together.  Maybe hit up a cars and coffee with a bunch of Murci owners and see who has an exhaust you like the sound of?

Edit: that name seems to have come and gone, the entity currently going by MSI doesn't seem to have any relation to Lambo exhausts, so probably dead end.  I definitely wouldn't spend 30k on an exhaust.  On my Gallardo I put a titanium model on that back in 2007 and it was probably about 6k at the time.

For high pitch no need to mess with the primary cats and stock headers. After the primary cats you will need an x pipe. A really good custom shop should be able to make one for much less that any brand name exhaust.

The Fabspeed system seems to get a really good scream from the early Murci. They also have a primary bypass or high flow primary cats if you are interested. The video linked below is Fabspeed, not sure which primary cats though. You can also look into the AGX Southern California exotics workshop, their website shows a Murci exhaust for $1,195. That is worth a call to see if they can send you exhaust clips of their exhaust.

LOL @ $25k for headers and exhaust. You'll likely be fine with primary pipes and secondary/muffler delete. My DTP makes the highest pitch (non merged & short design). Ti is available, but does not make a big difference in sound (I've run both stainless and Ti (current) on my personal car), but the Ti does drop weight and look really pretty. 

Message me if you want headers. But 99.9999999999% of owners don't want headers. I couldn't get 5 owners, worldwide out of a group of 25+ interested to buy in at $12k for genuine R-GT/GT1 headers. 

Ti DTP:

49720929148_7ba64cd42d_o.jpg

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Svt said:

How much cost this last one in video ? 

$1400

On 4/4/2021 at 7:13 PM, PoKnow said:

Nick,

What do the R-GT/GT1 headers look like? Times have changed. Maybe time to try again?

510602.jpg?v=1

I don't think it's worth the effort again (it took a significant amount of time - and the people committed to purchasing were at the mercy of others' commitment). If it would have come down to me buying 2 sets to get the order in, I would have but that wasn't how it panned out. Since there was a lot of interest I am sure there would be plenty of interest again, but there are not enough people actually committed to purchase.