Where Did Everyone Go??

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Kevin2772 said:

Jirre kinda fell off the social media train as well.    Wonder if he is doing ok.   

He’s s all good, we speak occasionally, just grew out of cars, he had lots when youngish so probably bored of it, travels quite a bit now, he also has his kebab business because of here, MOAS meat on a stick!

He sometimes stays with me when in London and is in Marbella a bit where i have a holiday home but we’ve never managed to be there at the same time. 

20 hours ago, topjay said:

New owners are a different breed, see them as luxury goods rather than any real like of machinery or even cars

Kind of killing the hobby for me as not my sort of people, i liked the old LP crew and owners in general, very varied but all shared similarities that brought them to the brand. I  just have nothing in common with the vast majority of people that have taken over now

LP survives as a low traffic social club of old members occasionally popping in to say hi. 

You raise a great point.

The new ownership (and this is painting with broad strokes here) doesn't jive with the old group. And I don't even mean the "old group" of LP, I mean owners. I remember when the Gallardo/Murcie/Aventador owners were looked at in similar fashion, and how the "modern" owners looked at the vintage owners. Really interesting dynamic. I attribute it to the increase of lease/rental "ownership."

Nothing against that crowd, but they (again, broad strokes here) seem to be more of the "what's new and hot" crowd, then it's off to McLaren, or whatever they can get their hands on. They aren't as invested in the product or even the brand.

And to each his own, but I know what works in my tribe, and I'm not going to dog the lease crowd, but myself I have kept my circle small and prefer the old group of enthusiastic owners and old group. 

LP will be around for a long time, people come, people go, we'll stay on, and make sure there is a place for those who want it. 

Maybe we should all try to post in one general thread and more so even if not relevant to you al least there is something to read. Your an interesting bunch, share a bit. 

cars, general life, anything interesting you have seen or done or thought. Make it more personal which was what made it good before, sharing experiences and advice. 

Get Rakjoe and the NWS section back and we will be partying again.

Hi btw

12 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Get Rakjoe and the NWS section back and we will be partying again.

Hi btw

Holy hell...how are you Tommy?! Glad to see you're still alive!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still here. And being part of the "new" generation (30ish)... I feel the site being down so long for the reboot killed it most. I'm still on the other Lambo Forum, which is more active than this one. But Lambo Power will always hold a soft spot in my heart. I joined when I was 17/18 years old and just dreaming of the day I could own an LP640.

I love these cars for the unmatched driving experience they give you, passion most owners have (maybe that has changed today with social media/Huracan flexers), the soul these cars have, the art of the Italian design, and most importantly their SOUND.

To have grown up reading this site and now to have my own LP720 Aventador Anniversario and an LP640 Murcielago... it's a dream to say the least.

Now if we can just grab a time machine and go back to the heyday of this forum!

On 7/30/2021 at 11:06 AM, LAMBO_JESUS said:

I'm still here. And being part of the "new" generation (30ish)... I feel the site being down so long for the reboot killed it most. I'm still on the other Lambo Forum, which is more active than this one. But Lambo Power will always hold a soft spot in my heart. I joined when I was 17/18 years old and just dreaming of the day I could own an LP640.

I love these cars for the unmatched driving experience they give you, passion most owners have (maybe that has changed today with social media/Huracan flexers), the soul these cars have, the art of the Italian design, and most importantly their SOUND.

To have grown up reading this site and now to have my own LP720 Aventador Anniversario and an LP640 Murcielago... it's a dream to say the least.

Now if we can just grab a time machine and go back to the heyday of this forum!

A time machine would be nice for sure! Granted, I'd be buying a bunch of stocks pretty early :lol2: 

Congrats on all the acquisitions, you've amassed quite the stable, something to definitely be proud of. Make sure you share more pictures! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 10:32 PM, jackhorner said:

The Glory days of LamboPower are over unfortunately. This was the greatest place to get advice on Lambo's, travel, new cities, etc. Miss those old days.

Same here. Guess it couldn't last forever!

On 8/13/2021 at 6:03 PM, speed2 said:

Same here. Guess it couldn't last forever!

Things are different, doesn't mean it can't be good. Just not the same sadly. 

The “other” site continued on with Countach info and discussions so people went there. meanwhile this one disappeared- I kept checking back but it was just gone.. no heads up, no explanations, just removed from the web… people still use forums, just not this one after being shut down so long. 

• 2 weeks later...

I dropped off for awhile… was just inactive in the whole car scene for a bit due to pandemic interruptions. Ramping back up (slowly) now. And I had a similar concern as the OP. This forum has been a really great place for owners, lifestyle and car info. FB/IG and similar platforms are nightmares for finding info and more about the flex and followers. 
I hope it or the other lambo forum gains steam again. With the number of cars changing hands this year and the hot market, I’d think these forums would be hopping. It can’t all be the instafamous crowd   

Not surprisingly the wine and whiskey forums have been busy since the pandemic 

On 8/19/2021 at 7:03 AM, ken qv said:

The “other” site continued on with Countach info and discussions so people went there. meanwhile this one disappeared- I kept checking back but it was just gone.. no heads up, no explanations, just removed from the web… people still use forums, just not this one after being shut down so long. 

Yeah, other sides are still active and more so than ours, but we'll be around. I still think the quality of what we have here is better. Maybe it's because I know the people and like them more :lol2: 

2 hours ago, Adrenalista said:

I dropped off for awhile… was just inactive in the whole car scene for a bit due to pandemic interruptions. Ramping back up (slowly) now. And I had a similar concern as the OP. This forum has been a really great place for owners, lifestyle and car info. FB/IG and similar platforms are nightmares for finding info and more about the flex and followers. 
I hope it or the other lambo forum gains steam again. With the number of cars changing hands this year and the hot market, I’d think these forums would be hopping. It can’t all be the instafamous crowd   

Not surprisingly the wine and whiskey forums have been busy since the pandemic 

I think you'll find there are some good people still here. We don't have the numbers we used too (not many do) but we do have the longevity and when I have some more time to focus, so more great stuff planned for the site. This is a passion-project now. We'll be around. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/17/2021 at 2:21 PM, VCR said:

A few of us are still here.  

The big shutdown for the new site format drove many away.  One particular bad member ticked off many veteran members before the mods stepped in but the damages were already done.  And then there's the evolution of the forum; some simply moved on to form their own inner circle discussions via FB, IG, WhatsApp etc...  What's left is not particularly interesting and worth posting.  Sad really...

Hope that bad member wasn't me. If so, I apologize to everyone. My uncontrollable urge to debate I have a lot more under control now but for many years it was a very bad problem :crybaby2:

14 hours ago, WheelsRCool said:

Hope that bad member wasn't me. If so, I apologize to everyone. My uncontrollable urge to debate I have a lot more under control now but for many years it was a very bad problem :crybaby2:

Wheels, I can assure you that it was not you at all.  In fact, I am sure, by majority, that you were and still are quite well-liked and welcomed here.  Yes, your reasoning at times are somewhat quirky and you like to debate; but that's fine; it's an opened forum and I highly doubt you actually ticked off any of us at all.  You certainly didn't tick me off despite our debates. :) So no apology necessary.  Come back here more often.

On 10/31/2021 at 8:35 PM, VCR said:

Wheels, I can assure you that it was not you at all.  In fact, I am sure, by majority, that you were and still are quite well-liked and welcomed here.  Yes, your reasoning at times are somewhat quirky and you like to debate; but that's fine; it's an opened forum and I highly doubt you actually ticked off any of us at all.  You certainly didn't tick me off despite our debates. :) So no apology necessary.  Come back here more often.

:):):)