Next Week News

a007apl

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is what I am guessing. It is an odd time too.  This is 4am eastern and 1 am PST so I am guessing Lambo has determined this isn't a huge impact story.  My contacts were like meh...so We shall see.

7 hours ago, Destructo said:

Watch, it'll be something weird, like a Formula E entry.

That could be interesting though. 

That would totally be interesting but a bit of a shocker!

Another Aventador model confirmed, deliveries start end of this year but I believe the announcement is for the CountachContach hypercar.

12 cylinder Urus with re gen hyper capacitors.

J/K,  I agree with others, likely a new Aventador with more winglets  and do-dads.

I would be excited by anything with 4 seats thats more Lamborghini than Urus or anything bonkers, middle ground is so meh now

1 hour ago, a007apl said:

Mybe Estoque or Asterion style comming

Asterion made it's flavor into the Urus a bit.

I'd love to see a new sedan...

The 2 models that Winkelmann hinted a while back: a tribute model to celebrate the anniversary of what is likely Lamborghini's most iconic car.  And a swan song model for the Aventador.  It'll be either one of these two.  Some VIP customers already knew the details of the tribute car but are staying silent due a NDA.  Nothing too exciting about the swan song model either.

In other words nothing new and pretty much a pointless presentation. 

The only funny part about this was when he was talking about SQ department, they showed a Huracan GT3 passing a 488 GT3 when talking about racing successes, suggesting Lamborghini was surpassing Ferrari in that area these days. 

Otherwise the PR speech was full of lies, considering that right now, McLaren and Ferrari are making supercars that are benchmark in terms of performance. (765LT / SF90 Stradale)

This presentation also confirms that the Aventador replacement is only coming in 2023... 

1 hour ago, DoctaM3 said:

Here is CNBC article. So we get 2 more V12 this year--assume variants of the Aventador (does that mean hybrid for replacement)?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/18/lamborghini-announces-plan-for-a-fully-electric-car-by-2030.html

Countach Homage and Aventador Evo. Release/production for both of them is 2021 and 2022 respectively. 

Hybridized Aventador replacement is coming in 2023.

Aventador will be joining Countach as one of the longest produced Lamborghini V12 flagship. 

21 hours ago, Destructo said:

Asterion made it's flavor into the Urus a bit.

I'd love to see a new sedan...

Sedan or new small Suv 

584852_v3.jpg

1 hour ago, a007apl said:

Sedan or new small Suv 

584852_v3.jpg

More or less a Super GT similar to 812SF. 

6 hours ago, APB said:

Countach Homage and Aventador Evo. Release/production for both of them is 2021 and 2022 respectively. 

Hybridized Aventador replacement is coming in 2023.

Aventador will be joining Countach as one of the longest produced Lamborghini V12 flagship. 

Aventador SJ, dealers are taking orders with the market intro cars arriving Q4.

Given Lamborghini is part of VAG and we had seen the shared DNA between the Huracan and the R8 followed by the Urus and the Q8 (along with the Cayenne, the Bentayga and the Touareg),  would it seem obvious that the Lamborghini's 4th model would likely be a rebodied and tweaked E-tron GT (itself a rebodied and tweaked Taycan)?

2 hours ago, VCR said:

Given Lamborghini is part of VAG and we had seen the shared DNA between the Huracan and the R8 followed by the Urus and the Q8 (along with the Cayenne, the Bentayga and the Touareg),  would it seem obvious that the Lamborghini's 4th model would likely be a rebodied and tweaked E-tron GT (itself a rebodied and tweaked Taycan)?

Yup, the 4th model will be based on the e-tron/taycan. I also expect the first electric Bentley to be based on the same platform.

Am I wrong in thinking the Super Capacitor and all it's development will go no further than the Sian.  It appears they're just going the electric battery route like every one else.

Yeah I just saw that, seems an odd move unless they are going to be discounted or they have some new tech. 
run out models are usually the special ones to sell the end of the line stuff not general production. Makes you think Aventador is going to be about for a while yet. 

What happened to the cool engine cover from the green prototype? Or was that the base for the Countach Homage?