Next Week News

a007apl

4 hours ago, APB said:

What happened to the cool engine cover from the green prototype? Or was that the base for the Countach Homage? 

I think that is car is a Goodwood edition Aventador coming in a few months at .... Goodwood perhaps ;)? But yeah, I heard some rumors of such a car. 500 copies. Won't bet my life on it though :P

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/24/2021 at 5:53 PM, Allan-Herbie said:

Aventador resale values in the future will be interesting to say the least. 

Murcie values are climbing as of late aren't they? 

1 hour ago, Destructo said:

Murcie values are climbing as of late aren't they? 

Yes.... but predominately the manual transmission cars. Not Egear. 

21 hours ago, Allan-Herbie said:

Yes.... but predominately the manual transmission cars. Not Egear. 

Wonder how 640 Egears will value longer term. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2021 at 6:12 PM, Destructo said:

Special Edition to celebrate being timeless? 

Yes, the "SJ". 

Yea, I am hearing version of Aventador S with some bits from SVJ.  SVJ though is still "lighter" [if you can call the SVJ or any of the V12 light]. Also, the other V12 is the multimillion dollar V12 before we see the Aventador replacement.

The SJ or whatever it'll be called is a model to buy time for the Aventador series until the new flagship is ready.  Like many had said, it's an AV-S with SVJ bits; a parts bin car with one purpose: to prolong the life of the AV-series. It's not unlike the final edition of the Gallardo before the Huracan was ready.  But Lamborghini had learned the lesson from the G-FE disappointing sales; hence they have upped the hp by 10hp PS for the SJ.  So academically, it would have the highest hp for a mass volume model but the SVJ will likely still reign as the highest performance mass volume model.  So owners of each relative model will have their own bragging rights.  (Fair marketing on Lamborghini as they wouldn't want to tick-off the SVJ and especially the SVJ63 owners; and they need to keep the AV-series going until the replacement is ready.)

The new Countach commemorative model is next.  Quail official unveil perhaps?  Those who expressed interest had seen its render already. 

How to undercut SVJ owners, I've honestly had enough of the just blatant lies about product lineup and numbers on a car so expensive 

600 total, 350 coupe and 250 roadster. So more hp and more limited than SVJ, even though I personally would pick SVJ over this car. Still think it’s bs. Let’s hope they price it high lol

I would almost guarantee these will end up getting discounted and then directly competing with used SVJ’s that are a couple of years old driving them lower as you can have a brand new version for the same money. 

Its as if its a deliberate fcuk you to what was supposed to be the end of the line special car. 

I would also take SVJ over it but it’s definitely going to hit their market 

Lamborghini will see them as different markets but used they will be direct competitors which is a really stupid marketing policy to compete with yourself.

Sprite has a point about a tune.  Since Lamborghini SpA checks on this forum now & then (at least they used to), here's an idea to them.

Offer a "SVJ+ Power Kit" for all the SVJ owners which adds  20 to 25hp to their cars.  This is available to the original first owner of the SVJ's only.  Or those who bought used SVJ's will have to pay double for this kit.  This would protect the market for the Ultimae.  Since all SVJ's had been sold, anyone wishing to have a brand new Aventador has no choice but to buy an Ultimae.  At the end of the day, it's just fund-raising for Lamborghini.  So, offer the SVJ+ Power Kit for USD11k, it's simple math.  There are 1826 SVJ's.  Let's say  60% of those will opt for the upgrade, that's an easy $12mil of Lamborghini (it's virtually no cost to them since all the R&D had been done via the Ultimae already; adding 10 to 15 more hp should be a walk in the park),  Anyone bought an used SVJ and want a Power Kit will have to pay at least $20k for it.  The idea is to make buying used and adding the kit will be cost-prohibitive when compared to buying a new Ultimae.  So, first-hand SVJ owners can still reign as the best of the Aventaor series while owners of the current few-off's like the Sian and the upcoming commemorative model won't be ticked off either as their cars are still technically more powerful.  

And frankly, this isn't a new concept: back in the early 90's Mercedes-Benz offered a power kit to the 190E-16V after their introduction of the 16V-EVO II.  Back then it was DM18000 for 30hp.  Factor in DM's exchange rate at the time plus inflation and USD11k today isn't an unrealistic number.

40 minutes ago, VCR said:

Sprite has a point about a tune.  Since Lamborghini SpA checks on this forum now & then (at least they used to), here's an idea to them.

Offer a "SVJ+ Power Kit" for all the SVJ owners which adds  20 to 25hp to their cars.  This is available to the original first owner of the SVJ's only.  Or those who bought used SVJ's will have to pay double for this kit.  This would protect the market for the Ultimae.  Since all SVJ's had been sold, anyone wishing to have a brand new Aventador has no choice but to buy an Ultimae.  At the end of the day, it's just fund-raising for Lamborghini.  So, offer the SVJ+ Power Kit for USD11k, it's simple math.  There are 1826 SVJ's.  Let's say  60% of those will opt for the upgrade, that's an easy $12mil of Lamborghini (it's virtually no cost to them since all the R&D had been done via the Ultimae already; adding 10 to 15 more hp should be a walk in the park),  Anyone bought an used SVJ and want a Power Kit will have to pay at least $20k for it.  The idea is to make buying used and adding the kit will be cost-prohibitive when compared to buying a new Ultimae.  So, first-hand SVJ owners can still reign as the best of the Aventaor series while owners of the current few-off's like the Sian and the upcoming commemorative model won't be ticked off either as their cars are still technically more powerful.  

And frankly, this isn't a new concept: back in the early 90's Mercedes-Benz offered a power kit to the 190E-16V after their introduction of the 16V-EVO II.  Back then it was DM18000 for 30hp.  Factor in DM's exchange rate at the time plus inflation and USD11k today isn't an unrealistic number.

Great idea. I would pay for this. Fuck make it $30-40k and add a Lamborghini approved “race exhaust” that still keeps the cats and doesn’t throw a CEL.

I mean really Lambo? This is the best you can do for the final edition Aventador?  And why would you leave the front fascia untouched? The AV S front fascia is not aggressive at all and in my opinion the worst looking front end out of all the Aventador variants. At least make the front fascia different for the final edition V12 model.

Beyond disappointed.

They did it right with the Gallardo at least, Squadra Corse was a parts bin special, yet it was the most extreme Gallardo you could buy. 

This parts bin special is an afterthought, nothing about it is special. Won't be surprised if it ends up like the McLaren Elva, where production numbers have to be cut. I see them hardly selling those 600 cars to anyone. 

I see this a little differently although I agree with a lot of the points made.  First, I am a little underwhelmed with the Ultimae. 10 hp gain--will you really feel that. I am not sure I felt the 20 hp gain in my Anniversary Aventador (720hp) compared to my LP700 Aventador.  Second, remember the Ultimae does not have ALA and does not have the weight reductio of the SVJ.  At its core, the Ultimae is a version of the Aventador S with movement of the exhaust and some new Ad Personam options on the interior.  Arugably, if you drive the SVJ for what it is know for, track inspired beast, based on the specs, it should still outperform the Ultimae.

All that said, I am completely confused by some of the things Lamborghini does. They did not sequentially number to SV or the SVJs like they did the 50th Anniversary but instead decided to do it on the Ultimae.  Just odd--what's the rationale?

I for one will not be trading the Xago for an Ultimae for obvious reasons but even an SVJ, I would not recommend a friend to make the trade. All around, the SVJ is a better car IMHO.  There, my 2 cents for what it is worth. :D

On 7/7/2021 at 6:22 PM, DoctaM3 said:

I see this a little differently although I agree with a lot of the points made.  First, I am a little underwhelmed with the Ultimae. 10 hp gain--will you really feel that. I am not sure I felt the 20 hp gain in my Anniversary Aventador (720hp) compared to my LP700 Aventador.  Second, remember the Ultimae does not have ALA and does not have the weight reductio of the SVJ.  At its core, the Ultimae is a version of the Aventador S with movement of the exhaust and some new Ad Personam options on the interior.  Arugably, if you drive the SVJ for what it is know for, track inspired beast, based on the specs, it should still outperform the Ultimae.

All that said, I am completely confused by some of the things Lamborghini does. They did not sequentially number to SV or the SVJs like they did the 50th Anniversary but instead decided to do it on the Ultimae.  Just odd--what's the rationale?

I for one will not be trading the Xago for an Ultimae for obvious reasons but even an SVJ, I would not recommend a friend to make the trade. All around, the SVJ is a better car IMHO.  There, my 2 cents for what it is worth. :D

Well said.

I also agree with DoctaM3.  And that's probably what Lamborghini wants to achieve.  Both the SVJ's and the Ultimae's owners will have their bragging rights on their own relative grounds.  Any veteran members and Lambo enthusiasts here would know which is the superior model.  Do the math and it's obvious that the Ultimae is at least 25kg heavier than the SVJ and without the aero assistance of the latter.  So that added 10hp isn't going to help much.  But for the first-time potential Aventador owners who are stepping up from the V10 cars or new to the brand who prefers a V12 car, the Ultimae has a nice ring to it --- i.e. the "final" and the "most powerful" model.  And there are solid proofs to this: Lamborghini dealerships have received firm deposits on the Ultimae already.  But whether Lamborghini could actually sell all 600 of them or they would need be scaled back the units made just like the Murci LP670-4SV is the big question. 

One only has to look at Lamborghini's Unica app to see that Lamborghini themselves weren't too enthusiastic about the Ultimae.  Only 1 day after the launch thread, they posted a  completely unrelated thread about the Esperienza Giro in China.  That's very unusual as Lamborghini would normally let a car launching thread to gestate for a few days or to post other related threads to help it gain traction.  Not this time.  Goodwood Festive of Speed briefly mentioned the Ultimae's presence only.  And now the app and the website had moved on and started the hype on the 50th anniversary of the Countach which would lead to the launch of the Countach commemorative model.  5 days into its launch and the Ultimae is more or less passe news already; that says something.  And perhaps it's a bit over-analysed but look at the video of Winkelmann's introduction of the Ultimae; what happened to his usual pride and confidence at every launch prior?  He acted as if he was saying let's just get this over and done with and move on.  And no one else such as Borkert, the Head of Design or Raggiani the Chief Technical Officer had made any follow-up article or video about the new model either; a very usual move.  Lamborghini is well aware of what the Ultimae is; or exactly what it is not.