Skid Plates - Were these a factory option? Pics inside - will remake several if helpful

x98boardwell

I am in the process of having new skid plates made from these templates.  They will be the same material and cut on a water jet.  I will be purchasing a 5'x10' sheet and can run several additional sets on these.  My questions are below to confirm if it's worth it. 

1) Were these a factory option for Murci's and if so which years have this style?  Mine is an 08' LP640.

2) There are threaded inserts in the bumper that allen bolts thread into to hold these in place.  They would be identical to align with the same holes.  

3) I can't seem to find the item number (if factory) on where this brand was purchased from which is why I'm going the route of remaking for myself and others if needed.  

Thanks for any help and have a look at the pics and let me know. 

PS.  There is one set on eBay right now and they are asking $1,200... crazy expensive.  They would accept $600 but I still think a used scraped up set isn't worth that much so here we go!

Cheers,

Bryan

skid 5.jpg

skid 4.jpg

skid 3.jpg

skid 2.jpg

skid 1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I ended up having them made using a water jet.  They were made to the exact specs of the previous ones using identical ABS and then I routered the edges to taper just like the previous version.

I called and spoke with no less than 5 companies that either looked similar or didn't have a picture and couldn't find out who made them.  

I did make 4 other sets so if someone wants a set let me know and I will sell at a reasonable price.  The only thing you will need to do it buy tapered SS machines screws and the threaded inserts so you can make holes where they need to be mounted.  All holes in skid plates are already there and they fit very well as you can see in the pics. 

Thanks to those who helped. 

IMG_3716.jpg

IMG_3717.jpg

IMG_3755.jpg