Bugatti merges with Rimac

DoctaM3

I for one did not see this coming but not entirely surprised. This should make for some interesting dynamic esp. since Winklemann is now head of Lamborghini--I'm assume this is why he stepped back knowing this deal was in progress. Will we see some electric tech from Rimac in the replacement Aventador & later Huracan variants?

What do you guys think?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a36920070/bugatti-rimac-porsche-joint-venture-new-company/?src=socialflowFBCAD&utm_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=socialflowFBCD&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1sbc5ksILIKkzJxsDHp2em1IymD_UWEaTIRze3z2BsLtfXumUwC5opcso

It's an interesting move. 

Just odd. I knew of the talks to shutter Bugatti, and maybe this was a way to keep it going and backdoor the Rimac tech for Porsche and Hyundai?

I'll be curious to see what comes of it.  

Bugatti will either succeed or go bankrupt, like it has before. We will see once the Chiron production is finished. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2021 at 1:40 AM, APB said:

Bugatti will either succeed or go bankrupt, like it has before. We will see once the Chiron production is finished. 

It's not what it was or will ever be again. Not saying that's good or bad, but the last vestiges of a mechanical heart have been pulled out and discarded.