Correct Power Steering/Lifting System oil; and areas to check for Power Steering/Lifting System oil leaks (2004 Murcielago).

Brock

How are you guys?! Can somebody please tell me what the Correct/Best Power Steering/Lifting System oil is for my 2004 Murcielago. The service manual I have lists the correct oil as AGIP DEXRON II; however, I don't believe that this oil is manufactured any more. Hopefully, this is something that I can buy at AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, etc. Also, what areas should I check for Power Steering/Lifting System oil leaks. I think that the Murcielago is currently harder to steer, and the Front Lifting System only works partially/intermittently, and shows an error message on the dashboard when I activate it. I know that Power Steering/Lifting System oil leaks are a common problem for first generation Murcielagos. I searched for answers to these questions on this forum, but wasn't able to find the answers that I need. As always, I greatly appreciate any help from the great and knowledgeable people on this forum. Best Regards--Brock

• 2 weeks later...

Dexron IV or V can be used in systems that call for Dexron II. Make sure when you add fluid to have lift system down or you will over fill it (better a little low then over filled)  and it will make a mess when you drive it and it gets hot.

They can leak from any part of the lift or P/S system. Must inspect. The shocks can leak, steering rack, hoses to steering rack, lift supply hose, high pressure hose from pump to lifting system are the more normal items.