Boats.... What you got?

Allan-Herbie

Currently working towards getting a home on the water in South Florida, and starting to research boats.  Holy Shit are there a lot of options.... And holy shit do used ones depreciate.  Love to hear everyone's experiences and see what you have. 

miami-vice-wellcraft-scarab (1).jpg

miami-vice-wellcraft-scarab (2).jpg

miami-vice-wellcraft-scarab (3).jpg

3 hours ago, Destructo said:

Please tell me you are going full Miami Vice and getting one?! 

My plan was always to get one, but from what Ive been researching it maybe better to do a newer sort of tribute. with outboards.  Im hearing inboards need rebuilds like every 50 hrs.. 

Depends what you are going to do with it.

I like open deck day boat with a bit of cover unless you are going to actually go port to port or living on it cabins seem a bit pointless as does anything above about 50ft. 35-40 ft good size for entertaining don't need massive engines and fuel bill at that size and can do a bit of everything. What you have a pic of looks very limited use and space but fast so depends if you want something to spend the day on or just to go racing about in. 

The big ones are like posh caravans! Much rather sleep on land unless you have a full crew to run and maintain it

Makes cars look like a cheap hobby!

Yes, Ive been looking at center consoles, like Nor Tech,  Mystic, Midnight express etc. I think something like that in the 35-40ft range does it all. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Where is Abolfaz yo

Holy shit you are back!