A new Countach is coming soon

Redlambo

8 minutes ago, Allan-Herbie said:

Yup! Excited to see.. 

Same here.

It has been a while, I hope all is well with you.

Sincerely Vic

Wonder if it looks more like the non flared or flared countach?  Regardless it should perform better than the original...  Hope they dont fcuk up the design... 

Part of me is excited to see the car.   Unfortunately, I’m afraid it’s going to be like the paint and seat badge treatment of the  Miura edition Aventador.

Add some Countach badges, a couple of glue on plastic trim pieces jump the price point above the SVJ and  try to extract a few more sales out of an old platform. 

To do so would be a disservice to the cutting edge car that debuted 50 years ago. 

Don't get me wrong, I like the Aventador, but the car is special because of what it is.  

The only thing that would be worse would be if the designers were to trot out the Lamborghini equivalent of the Mustang Mach  E. 

12 hours ago, 12097 said:

Part of me is excited to see the car.   Unfortunately, I’m afraid it’s going to be like the paint and seat badge treatment of the  Miura edition Aventador.

Add some Countach badges, a couple of glue on plastic trim pieces jump the price point above the SVJ and  try to extract a few more sales out of an old platform. 

To do so would be a disservice to the cutting edge car that debuted 50 years ago. 

Don't get me wrong, I like the Aventador, but the car is special because of what it is.  

The only thing that would be worse would be if the designers were to trot out the Lamborghini equivalent of the Mustang Mach  E. 

I saw some renderings from another company that was doing Countach tribute stuff. The lines mimic what could be the official Lamborghini version, and it got my worried they were going to do this as

an all-electric model/tribute/concept. 

I'm excited to see what they reveal, but my expectations are rarely met, but i'll be curious to see what is shown.

So i see Sian, Huracan and Aventador (in the wheels). I'd rather it stood on it's own, rather than melding all the models together. Let's see what they do though. 

It boils down to this:

Think Sian-light.  This car is a facsimile of an iconic design only to be "modernized" to which the designer had already done so via the Sian (from Borkert's own words); this is a second attempt and it's merely a simplified version; and it's still an Aventador underneath.  It has a detuned and obsolete hybrid drive train (obsolescence as conceded by Maurizio Reggiani).  It's not as "limited" in product as one would assume (a Sian coupe or even a SVJ63 roadster would be more rare, seriously).  And they want $3mil+ for it!  Yes, it would all be sold but any serious Lamborghini devotee will not pay much attention to this thing.  It's almost like the Reventon all over again.

Consider this: hunt down a LP400 or LP400S, that would likely cost $1.0-1.3M.  Send it to the Polo Storico program for a full restoration and documentation; that's another $1.0-1.2M.  You then have a factory-restored and fully documented classic original Countach and you are still around half-a-mil ahead of the game.  Sure, the performance between the two is incomparable (since they are 50years apart in technology) but which car is a more rewarding drive would be quite subjective.  And in 10 years' time (or even 5), guess which one will be worth more; a lot more. 

1 minute ago, VCR said:

It boils down to this:

Think Sian-light.  This car is a facsimile of an iconic design only to be "modernized" to which the designer had already done so via the Sian (from Borkert's own words); this is a second attempt and it's merely a simplified version; and it's still an Aventador underneath.  It has a detuned and obsolete hybrid drive train (obsolescence as conceded by Maurizio Reggiani).  It's not as "limited" in product as one would assume (a Sian coupe or even a SVJ63 roadster would be more rare, seriously).  And they want $3mil+ for it!  Yes, it would all be sold but any serious Lamborghini devotee will not pay much attention to this thing.  It's almost like the Reventon all over again.

Consider this: hunt down a LP400 or LP400S, that would likely cost $1.0-1.3M.  Send it to the Polo Storico program for a full restoration and documentation; that's another $1.0-1.2M.  You then have a factory-restored and fully documented classic original Countach and you are still around half-a-mil ahead of the game.  Sure, the performance between the two is incomparable (since they are 50years apart in technology) but which car is a more rewarding drive would be quite subjective.  And in 10 years' time (or even 5), guess which one will be worth more; a lot more. 

Give me a factory restored LP400/S any day, and especially if it's had the Polo Storico treatment. I'm not against new things, but man do i appreciate the older now more than ever.

Lamborghini Unica is now showing the full car. 

It’s an underwhelming potluck meal of cobbled together table scraps.   

Prior to this I was worried this car would blow me away and Id have to sell everything to have one. Thank you Lamborghini from saving me from a terrible mistake. That being said I think its ok, not terrible, but even a regular SV is more exciting to me. 

Using the original Aventador wheels with one extra bar to look like hexagons is really cheap 

I was really excited by this, thought it might be awesome and actually worthy the money they were asking if it was. There would have been nothing else like it. Very underwhelmed and feel they missed the opportunity for something really special as its just another Aventador special edition really. 

I get the business case. Squeeze a couple hundred million more out of the decade-old Aventador chassis and powertrain. Not sure you would want to pay close to $Xm dollars for a car that had an out of date transmission when it was introduced. Really cynical marketing ploy that has clearly worked, apparently they have sold all of them. It looks pretty good, its not Reventon ugly but you can clearly see Aventador because they can't move the hard points. The interior looks almost stock. It's a shame they would sully probably their most iconic car with a warmed over close out model. Feels like Jordan to the Wizards. Anybody else think that most buyers of this car, their first Lamborghini was an Urus?

I get why they made this one ... massive profit margin if you ask me, 112 units at $2 to $3 million each ... that's money in the bank, and there are always people out there to buy it, seems all of them are sold out, which is something they always seem to state at a press conference.

I understand why it's white as a launch color, as a tribute to Ferruccio's LP400S, but why go for a red interior then? It is supposed to celebrate the 1971 prototype, that was yellow, the 'persicope roof' is there, no wheel arch extensions, no massive rear wing, still the NACA made it's return ... so it is evidently not had many influences from the S models ...

I finished two more views, now side and interior are done, so I can put any color on this one ... but I start with Giallo Countach:

10 countach lpi800-4 giallo.jpg

(couldn't resist adding the Pirelli PZERO on the tires ...)

And a matching, more 'adventurous' interior instead of the red from the show car:

09 countach lpi800-4 interior giallo.jpg

18 hours ago, kinnsella said:

Side profile screams Aventador.  That looks bad. 

If you actually color-code that side intake ... it's even worse:

11 countach lpi800-4 giallo.jpg