I know nothing but if guessing i suspect at least another year to see it and then 6 months before you will get one so min 18 months

I reckon it will be quite a lot more expensive as they just keep ramping up the price each iteration so probably another 10% on top of SVJ pricing.

Personally even SVJ was too expensive for the amount they made of them once you account for the stupid price options, for a car at that level i want to be exclusive and they are not. I will only buy if they can control the numbers or the market to keep it special at that price point. They are starting to make Ferrari look good value! 

I've had every Aventador model from new when the first came out but for the first time in a long time I'm not desperate to get the first one as i just think Lamborghini are becoming Porsche loads of cars and versions of exactly the same thing and if they make loads why not wait 6 months and buy one for 20% less that has barely been used.  The dealers here also for some reason seem to think i should beg for one, even though they have had my deposit money for 2+ years already as apparently they have better clients now!   

1 hour ago, topjay said:

I know nothing but if guessing i suspect at least another year to see it and then 6 months before you will get one so min 18 months

I reckon it will be quite a lot more expensive as they just keep ramping up the price each iteration so probably another 10% on top of SVJ pricing.

Personally even SVJ was too expensive for the amount they made of them once you account for the stupid price options, for a car at that level i want to be exclusive and they are not. I will only buy if they can control the numbers or the market to keep it special at that price point. They are starting to make Ferrari look good value! 

I've had every Aventador model from new when the first came out but for the first time in a long time I'm not desperate to get the first one as i just think Lamborghini are becoming Porsche loads of cars and versions of exactly the same thing and if they make loads why not wait 6 months and buy one for 20% less that has barely been used.  The dealers here also for some reason seem to think i should beg for one, even though they have had my deposit money for 2+ years already as apparently they have better clients now!   

Time to invest in more vintage units?

32 minutes ago, Destructo said:

Time to invest in more vintage units?

Im not a hobby collector, i like stuff i can use regularly and hard that wont let you down 

old stuff i like to look at but would never wish to own, 

I also think electric will be the equivalent of the manual to automated clutch debate of 10 years ago, in a couple of years only enthusiasts will own ice cars and they will be totally outdated , we are in a weird transition phase at the moment 

weirdly I'm quite drawn  to Mclaren currently but have never been a fan before but not sure i could live with it breaking all the time ! 

2 minutes ago, topjay said:

Im not a hobby collector, i like stuff i can use regularly and hard that wont let you down 

old stuff i like to look at but would never wish to own, 

I also think electric will be the equivalent of the manual to automated clutch debate of 10 years ago, in a couple of years only enthusiasts will own ice cars and they will be totally outdated , we are in a weird transition phase at the moment 

weirdly I'm quite drawn  to Mclaren currently but have never been a fan before but not sure i could live with it breaking all the time ! 

McLaren is best of both worlds, old and new. Old because it's unreliable and breaks all the time, and new technology and fancy-pants speed! :lol2: You solved your own quandary! 

Destructo, I agree with you.  I have been so close to picking one up but I still hear and see the nightmares on reliability.  For now, I am staying away. When they run, they are amazing but I like to drive my cars and just don't want to deal with the angst al the time.

12 hours ago, DoctaM3 said:

Destructo, I agree with you.  I have been so close to picking one up but I still hear and see the nightmares on reliability.  For now, I am staying away. When they run, they are amazing but I like to drive my cars and just don't want to deal with the angst al the time.

I could see you having one in your stable, but it couldn't be the only one. As pretentious as that sounds lol

In all seriousness, i wouldn't be comfortable having it as my only fun car considering the reliability issues. BUT if I had a few others I could count on, then absolutely.  

I agree they are getting out of hand on price, the replacement being a hybrid will be over 600 grand and to keep pace with the Ferrari sf90 power wise it will take 1000 hp the new v12 will need 3 electric motors to keep pace.

I loved my LP640 but got tired of it after 10 years so I bought the 812 Superfast it is easy to live with but not very exotic so missing the Lambo.

On 8/23/2021 at 7:28 PM, fastlane said:

I loved my LP640 but got tired of it after 10 years so I bought the 812 Superfast it is easy to live with but not very exotic so missing the Lambo.

What did you get tired of with the 640? I'm guessing it seems ancient compared to the Superfast. Beautiful car BTW, care to share any pics of it? 

On 8/18/2021 at 10:39 AM, topjay said:

Breaking down is part of the Mclaren ownership experience. The British car club I was in had a traveling award for that…it was passed around A LOT.

2 hours ago, Adrenalista said:

Breaking down is part of the Mclaren ownership experience. The British car club I was in had a traveling award for that…it was passed around A LOT.

Please tell me you have pictures of this award :lol2: