Aventador replacement

fastlane

I think we're still a year out before we see a test mule that shows that looks like the replacement.

It'll be interesting to see how big of an increase the MSRP gets. I've heard similar MSRP to the SVJ.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah they are getting too expensive for the numbers made now imo

when it was 25-30% over a Gallardo/Huracan and there wasn't that many it was good value, with a bit of an uplift they will be getting on for double Huracan price now and they are not in any way exclusive anymore.  

Unless they can keep either the price or the numbers down not sure i will buy another after the SVJ just doesnt seem worth the extra. Its mainly the options list is just silly prices now, like paint and stuff that used to just be included and should be on a car of that cost it accounts for a serious % of the price that you never see again but wouldn't want to be without. 

I agree with you. Same story with the STO, free paints on the EVO are $15k for the STO. It's getting ridiculous.

And rumour is they previewed the Aventador replacement at the dealer meeting yesterday. I'd be interesting to see if someone leaks the information.

On 11/18/2021 at 5:46 PM, sl55 said:

I agree with you. Same story with the STO, free paints on the EVO are $15k for the STO. It's getting ridiculous.

And rumour is they previewed the Aventador replacement at the dealer meeting yesterday. I'd be interesting to see if someone leaks the information.

They always leak. The question will be how accurate and if Lambo even shared the final (or near final) version of the V12 replacement.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 1:07 PM, DoctaM3 said:

They always leak. The question will be how accurate and if Lambo even shared the final (or near final) version of the V12 replacement.

Word is they shared images of the production ready car. I was told the the rear looks like the Sian, engine sits higher so it's more exposed and overall the design is a major departure from the current Aventador.

19 hours ago, sl55 said:

Word is they shared images of the production ready car. I was told the the rear looks like the Sian, engine sits higher so it's more exposed and overall the design is a major departure from the current Aventador.

Interesting. Higher engine location seems odd unless it is to accommodate some hybrid drivetrain. Higher location might mean higher "center-of-gravity" which might not be good but I am sure the engineers have factored all that in--any word on when we will see this thing?

I spoke to my local dealer the other day. They told me a few things. But since they are under strict no talking embargo i think guess they toyed with me. But the figures I got were pretty nice if true .... over 1000 PS to name one thing.

I was told 800 from the V12, 200 hybrid. The look is described as a Sian with design elements from the Centenario. There's also talk it might be a limited run, maybe the V12 is a limited run?

Supposedly dealers saw the actual car in person so sounds like it's close to production ready.

On 12/2/2021 at 10:29 PM, sl55 said:

I was told 800 from the V12, 200 hybrid. The look is described as a Sian with design elements from the Centenario. There's also talk it might be a limited run, maybe the V12 is a limited run?

Supposedly dealers saw the actual car in person so sounds like it's close to production ready.

Aventador was limited run too, "4000 units" they said in 2011. Was it last year that Lamborghini produced the 10 000th Aventador? :D 

What Lambo dealers likely saw were renderings, clay models and sketches from Mitja. 
Lamborghini's hybrid era will last at least until the 2030s, since it is rumored that the new V12 will comply with the Euro 7 regulations. And it's not close to production, not until we see prototypes rolling around with production bodystyle.
SW layed out the timeline for the new products here: https://www.motor1.com/news/508012/lamborghini-electrification-plan-revealed/

2023: Aventador replacement / Urus hybrid
2024: Huracan replacement
2025-2029: 4th model, EV Grand Tourer

Its fun to speculate on the Aventador replacement's name.
There are still two trademarks from 2012-2013 that are still unused by Lamborghini (but still renewed and trademarked). Those are "Encaste" and "Deimos".

1:1 scale static model was shown.  It was just being displayed; no doors/engine cover/front trunk was opened and car never started or rolled.  Mild hybrid & DCT.  Modern interior with multiple TFT screens.

It would likely be unveiled at Quail in summer 2022. 

Since some say it has a Sian inspired front with Centenario inspired rear. To me it sounds like a Third Millennium concept in Sian type body. 

2019_lb48h_2-1024x682.jpg2019_lb48h_1-1024x682.jpg

Although I would prefer something more elegant and beautiful, like the SC20 with a few changes and a roof. More evolutionary revolutionary design than a complete brutal makeover in the front. 

Next-Gen-Aventador-1-1024x555.jpglamborghini-sc20_100774278.jpg

We can certainly say that this engine cover belongs to the replacement:2021-lamborghini-aventador-limited-editi

And possibly this active spoiler:

2023-lamborghini-aventador-successor-tes2023-lamborghini-aventador-successor-tes

Yeah I mean if you use simple maths for a second. The most powerful road-going Aventador is the Ultimae with 780 PS. Add the hybrid tech from the 918 which is old but we know the power of it. Then its 280 PS there. That would be combined 1060 PS. Matches my "over 1000" I was told. BUT if the engine is down-sized for saving the polar bears-reasons then let's say they need 300 hp electric to push the car to 1.000. Still possible today I think.

I actually prefer the Third Millennium concept. I feel the SC20 is too soft in the front.

I've read Lambo wants to add sharper lines to it's future design which is why I love the front end design of the EVO 2. Hopefully this design language carries over to the Huracan replacement and the AV replacement.

rg-lamborghini-huracan-evo-2-233.jpg

well at least it looks like you might be able to see out of the back of the new one, single worst bit of an SVJ is that you can have a marked police car right behind you with lights and sirens on and its 50/50 if you would even catch a glimpse of it!

For a road car its just stupid and unnecessary  

On 12/6/2021 at 7:23 AM, topjay said:

well at least it looks like you might be able to see out of the back of the new one, single worst bit of an SVJ is that you can have a marked police car right behind you with lights and sirens on and its 50/50 if you would even catch a glimpse of it!

For a road car its just stupid and unnecessary  

Is this from experience, TopJay? :lol:

On 12/8/2021 at 3:20 PM, DoctaM3 said:

Is this from experience, TopJay? :lol:

Haha, well,

Lets just say, I think its lucky what some people think fast is, isn't that fast at all. More like normal speed and not what i would consider actually going "fast"!  

Here is the video in question. Pretty interesting. Car sounds pretty mean too. That exhaust seems pretty high--I still see Aventador lines though--another variant?

I had the same observations too--def looks longer but again, remember some of the old mules looked stretched compared to the production unit. The exhaust also look pretty high even when compared to SVJ.

8 hours ago, DoctaM3 said:

I had the same observations too--def looks longer but again, remember some of the old mules looked stretched compared to the production unit. The exhaust also look pretty high even when compared to SVJ.

From what I've read on the other forum the car will be longer than the current Aventador.

The exhaust is interesting, with the camo it looks odd but I'm sure it'll fit in the overall design. You can see in some the pictures the rear looks similar to the Centenario.