Cool vid of a Z06 vs. L/P/F-cars

POS_7.0L

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clap clap clap

Why do you people continue to spam the internet with this shit??

Next to any Lamborghini your car sucks. It's a joke.

Bolting on stuff will make it faster... but it wont make it suck less. I love POS but for what it is, a high performance bargin. The only thing super about it... its a super bargin. Like a 24 pack of t-paper.

Enough already. Go annoy the Mustang guys. That's your circle... no where near any L/P/F car.

You are right, the POS is no where near the L/P/F cars. It looked to be pretty far ahead of them in the video. :finga:

Hey Cherm I hope you are not talking to me. I just found this cool video link from another website, i did not even read any of the posts on that site. If i could of posted just the vid i would, but i don't know how so i had to do a link. I just thought ya'll would like to see some street racing, since this is the "other car" area. You need to stoe your attitude. Your the only one starting stuff here.

I posted this video already. It is a good video. Ive spoken to people who are there, and their is more than meets the eye to that video. I will make my own video now.

lol the 24-pack of beer is the best Corvette analogy I've seen, and that includes all of my own over the years.

That car is a fcuking Costco bulk pack of Keystone Light if there ever was one. I'll take a single glass of Mondavi Opus One over all of it, even if it gets me "less drunk" and isn't "as good a bargain".

Nice Cherm. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just gets old. It is finally fast. Cool. All 35,000 of em GM stamps out of cheap plastic every year can now finally keep up but its still a 2nd rate high performance car at best. I'd take a Viper in 2 seconds... never mind a freakin Lamborghini.

The worst thing about the non-stop POS spam is how much it turns off those of us with teeth to owning one. I prob will... they are so cheap; can be a lot of fun; and now they are fast but I'll have to title it in my dogs name and wear an Otis costume whenever I take it out.

So true. Getting tired of them constantly nipping at our ankles with their innane videos and worthless commentary as if they were some sort of chihuaua puppy.

You just can't get through to them because for 90% of POS owners it's the only sportscar they'll ever be able to own due to finaces, a hillbilly wife laying down the law, too many goddamned kids, or whatever. And they know it at a subconcious level, which creates all this endless rationalizing about what a supreme "value" it is compared to tradional exotics.

I'll definitely own a C6 Plastic mess-06 down the road simply as a track car, it's perfect for that purpose. And I look forward to paying $35k for it, just two years old. :lol:

So what is it that you really hate, the POS, or the owners? Why hate the car if you don't like the ppL?

Oh don't get me wrong, the car is a piece of shit too, no question. :)

It's gotten better lately, the C6 is nicer, but the interior materials are still garbage that you wouldn't find in a Kia. Even the seat leather, wtf animals are they using, the C6 I looked at was worse than vinyl.

I like the C6's look a lot better than the C5, they finally cleaned up the hideous long nose aircraft carrier deck look, and the proportions are ok now. Engine is fine too, overall it's finally a car that bears consideration by people in that price bracket. With the C5 it wasn't even close, not with the M3 or a slightly used Esprit V8/NSX 3.2L so close in the price bracket.

It's a good value, I do intend to one day own a C6 Plastic mess-06 strictly for track use, stripped out, race-prepped, etc. But that's as far as it goes, it would never take the place of say 20 other cars that I'd rather own as a street car due to exclusivity, exotic look, mid-engine packaging, etc.

You are right, the POS is no where near the L/P/F cars.  It looked to be pretty far ahead of them in the video.    :finga:

It was still a modified POS. This is why a f=kin hate these stock vs modified races. :axe:

You are right, the POS is no where near the L/P/F cars.  It looked to be pretty far ahead of them in the video.    :finga:

It was still a modified POS. This is why a f=kin hate these stock vs modified races. :axe:

i agree, stock vs modified isn't fair.

but i do find it amusing about the excuses and retorts i see coming from some people. i see the same stuff on honda boards, on the domestic boards, so really all of us car people are the same. doesn't matter if its a 500 dolla beater or a 200k exotic, nobody likes losing. and if/when you do lose, you downplay the other car to make yourself feel better. i guess thats natural, but whatever happened to "damn i guess i got beat, well props to that car." not very often i see those kinda responses on any boards now adays. no mutual respect.

Hell no it isnt!. I can't stand these little punk civic owners that think just because they beat a stock C5 that they are tuff shit and that nobody can beat them and there car is better than anything else on the street.

I have nothing against those import guys and there 1000hp Supras and such but its those who brag about there modified Import beating a bone stock exotic, that really pisses me off :axe: :axe: :axe:. Like im gonna repect someone who dises on Lamborghini, Ferrari and Porsche 3legends while they drive a modified toyota or honda. :finga:

Shit, if I got my ass handed to me by a civic while i was in the POS, id give the civic owner credit. its not easy to get a civic into the 13's or 12's. for them thinking they are invicincable afterward, well thats why you race for money on the 2nd race with your other faster car. then u educated the poor sob and walked away richer.

I will never give any civic owner credit regardless if his car could out accell a jet, Me and civic owners dont get along really well. I normaly tell them if you want a real car take your little 10second lawnmower and cut my grass and perhaps you could make money to afford a real car.

Credit is all well and good when 1. The so-called "winner" isn't blaring it from the hilltop as a crushing victory when the other drivers weren't even trying and 2. It's not a toy poodle domestic endlessly trying to be a member of the Italian thorougbred club.

A win is a win...when it's a race. Not some hackneyed no-honk start video where no one knows what the hell is going on. In fact StoleIt, I'd say L-Power is one of the BEST sites at giving credit where it's due, as we do when wins are legitimate.

This video isn't legitimate, hence the discrediting.

Just like once your SS is done with the T76, a literal rocket booster on a Model T, we'll be the first ones to congratulate you once you take down some exotics in legitimate conditions, as we do with the board's current Viper owners.

Mako you crack me up. Are you listening to yourself? You sound just as bad as POS owners, actually you talk more smack than them. And then for the kicker, you decide to insult all of us by talking trash about how much money we make and that’s the reason we buy POS’s, and so on. I make over 200,000 dollars a year at the age of 25, the reason I am buying a new Plastic mess-06 is because it’s a great sports car with a even greater heritage, and it’s a good buy.

I like an overall pkg myself, quality perf, and quality material, but I still can't stand the overall mentality of "it's good for what it is, a Chevy/POS." Or what Cherm said of, it sucking no matter what. WTF? How is that a car that that is faster then another sucks? Are you that concerned with image? The logic behind a car beating another yet still is still deemed inferior is stupid. I could care less about what badge is on the vehicles, if it does what it's intended too, and if it manages to look good at the same time even better. Some, if not a lot of you peeps are a lot like the guys on F-chat/F-car owners. You give' em hell about them thinking their "shit don't stink" when in fact you are just as bad. It must be a bad feeling for some of your egos when you get beat by what you deem as an inferior car.

Mako you crack me up. Are you listening to yourself?  You sound just as bad as POS owners, actually you talk more smack than them. And then for the kicker, you decide to insult all of us by talking trash about how much money we make and that’s the reason we buy POS’s, and so on.  I make over 200,000 dollars a year at the age of 25, the reason I am buying a new Plastic mess-06 is because it’s a great sports car with a even greater heritage, and it’s a good buy.

You're entitled to your opinion, as am I. We disagree. The difference is, you POS guys can't just let it lie. You've got that "but but I BELONG in the club!!" chip on your shoulders, and it means you have to post videos, look for "kills" and berate anyone who doesn't agree with you at every chance on every board you get.

Let me ask you something:

Why are you here?

You own a POS, wouldn't you be better off on a POS board? Oh wait, let me guess "you one day dream of owning a Lambo/Ferrari/etc, etc, and you're a true fan rah rah rah, but you just happen to evangelize the POS every chance you get", does that sum it up?

You like the Corvette, yaaaaaaaay. Good for you. I don't. Nor do most others here. If you're looking to "convert" us, you won't. Give up. I would personally. Plus, relax. I said more positive comments in this thread about the C6 than I have about the Corvette over my entire life, lol.

My only comment is "DAMN! I wish I were there!!!" What parts is this "spirited run" taking place?? I need some more of you guys down my way (Miami, FL)... You'd love our FL Lotus Club Keys Poker Run. I also agree, fastest is fastest and that's that, but even if it were, there's ALOT more to any high performance car than just straight line racing, boys! I can't tell you how many times I've confidently overtaken cars on the curves or simply due to proper maneuvering and shifting. Although I don't doubt whatsoever that you were able to take out those 360 F-Cars... I can easily atest to that

Keep the Street Parties Jam'n!! :partyman:

I like an overall pkg myself, quality perf, and quality material, but I still can't stand the overall mentality of "it's good for what it is, a Chevy/Corvette." Or what Cherm said of, it sucking no matter what. WTF? How is that a car that that is faster then another sucks? Are you that concerned with image? The logic behind a car beating another yet still is still deemed inferior is stupid.  I could care less about what badge is on the vehicles, if it does what it's intended too, and if it manages to look good at the same time even better. Some, if not a lot of you peeps are a lot like the guys on F-chat/F-car owners. You give' em hell about them thinking their "shit don't stink" when in fact you are just as bad. It must be a bad feeling for some of your egos when you get beat by what you deem as an inferior car.

We've already described why the POS is a piece of shit. I did anyway, the interior materials, the quality, etc. I feel that's detailed enough.

You domestic guys differ from the rest of us because you have misplaced pride.

Is your last name Chevrolet?

Nope.

Is your last name Ford?

Nope.

So what the fcuk right do you have to get personally upset that I feel your car is a piece of crap? You didn't build it, and your family isn't related to the car, so why have you personalized it as your own? It's a car. When someone bashes a Gallardo, I don't give a fcuk. My last name isn't Lamborghini, the factory does not seek my opinion on the cars when they're developed, hence I could give a shit if someone criticizes it, I had nothing to do with it.

You domestic guys are all 12 years old, arguing about "Nintendo" being "better than Sega" simply because you own one or the other and your Mom won't buy you the rival. Who cares. Until your last name is on the car, stfu when I criticize it. Has nothing to do with you.

I personally look forward to more POS kills, videos and the like to be posted on L/P....

These battles are TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!

I want a Plastic mess-06 myself...overall, the car ain't perfect. It's very good in accelerating, braking, turning, etc. and it's not super expensive to own. Everything else is average or subpar.

Mako, I'd tell you to just let these kids go.....but you've still got some hilarious retorts left in you.

So keep the battle going! Let's see some Plastic mess-06 kills on a Murcie!

LOL Goliath, I almost caught myself sticking up for you in the TR/Countach thread in General earlier, but I REMEMBERED MY PLACE.

HINT HINT CORVETTE OWNERS. :mrgreen: