Med alarm fob

del mar2

Morning,

I need another, for a 2003 "Update" car

I have read the numerous threads that suggest you can buy them separately but Lamborghini (Tunbridge Wells) in the UK appear to be struggling to get any meaningful answers from Italy.

Eurospares list the fob as part 0061005005

Yet i am being told Italy have no record of that part number ??

Has anybody bought a replacement Fob recently ? I would prefer to leave the system in place rather than remove it and bypass the solenoid valves on the fuel filters if possible.

Thanks

I have not heard of anyone being able to order those, or even an entire MED+immobilizers, in quite a while; few years.  Parts have been really hard to come by post-covid since the factory's parts side, and sub-contractors, seem to only work when they want and give no guidance on when or if they'll feel like producing any particular part.  I couldn't even get oem power steering hoses for my '03 recently; factory didn't have them, had no timeframe on when or if they ever would.

bullstuff claims to have a single used one in stock https://www.bullstuff.com/med-2000-alarm-remote-control-programmed-pn-0061005005

If you have the PIN card you'd be able to reprogram it to match your system, although I think even a new one would require the pin card.  If you don't have the pin card, you're stuck with what you have, replace the entire med+immobilizers, or rip the med and immobilizers out but then need an aftermarket door lock/unlock.

I can order it in if you need. Just need copy of title, registration and drivers license for proof of ownership. The remote takes 4-6 weeks to come in and no quicker option for special order keys and remotes unless blanks or unprogrammed remotes

Morning,

Thank you,.

Would this come fully coded to the car ?

Posted to yourself or can the factory send it direct to me in the UK ?

I have managed to find a Fiat key so have a duplicate for that.

Thanks

The remote would be programmed from the factory to what code they have on file yes. They will not dropship directly to you so it will have to come in to US before sending out. FedEx to you is about probably about $45

• 1 month later...

Just to bring this thread to a close...

Grange  (Tunbridge Wells Lamborghini) , couldn't even find the part number, let alone get a price.

HR Owen could find a price for the Alarm Fob, but then wanted to charge £200 to code it to the car, plus the £50 in fuel to get it them !!!

Yet a man that lives thousands of miles away managed to order one and post it to me for less !! It maybe a cheap and nasty looking bit of plastic, but it works !!

Thank you Glen

4 hours ago, del mar2 said:

Grange  (Tunbridge Wells Lamborghini) , couldn't even find the part number, let alone get a price.

HR Owen could find a price for the Alarm Fob, but then wanted to charge £200 to code it to the car, plus the £50 in fuel to get it them !!!

Yet a man that lives thousands of miles away managed to order one and post it to me for less !! It maybe a cheap and nasty looking bit of plastic, but it works !!

Thank you Glen

I do what I can for the Lambo community. Appreciate the business as always!

amhparts.com

• 3 months later...
On 12/29/2021 at 4:08 AM, del mar2 said:

Thank you Glen

Dealerships dont give a rats ass about older Lambos. Last service I took my Murci to NP  for basic service and not only did they damaged it by getting water in the coils/engine, they  had it for weeks!  I am currently having alarm issues and I called them to get some help and they said they charge a minimum 4 hour diagnostic test ($250 per hour) for any Lambo older than 15 years old (or maybe it was 10 years).  Nonetheless by a refferal, I reached out to AGX in the Valley and man these guys were beyond helpful, spent easily 20 minutes on the phone with me to help self diagnose.  Murci started right up, I still have the issue intermittently but super disappointed by the response of the local dealer. AGX is my Murci go to from now on.