Visiting Sant’Ag@ta… any tips?

Adrenalista

I’m going to be planning a trip out to Sant’#### to visit the factory next year.
I know quite a few members here have made the pilgrimage before me. Any insights or suggestions to make the most out of this experience?

edit: for some reason the forum will not let me spell the full city name and automatically replaces it with hashtags. I’ve tried a few alternatives to get around this and this was best I could do.

2D15E80D-2B97-4817-B482-16E7ADAE2674.jpeg

• Adrenalista changed the title to Visiting Sant’Ag@ta… any tips?

There is now a Light Transit Rail from the Bologna airport to the city centre which made things very convenient.  The train stops at the city centre train terminal.  Directly across the street are 3 hotels with another 2 half-a-block away.  Staying there would be ideal.  Don't expect top-class 5-star accommodations but the 3 across the terminal are nice and clean and one is actually kind of hip.  Everything within city centre is walking distance (there are plenty of taxis at the train terminal too).  As you mentioned on another thread, you have an Ultimae roadster on order so the best thing to do is to ask your Lamborghini dealership to handle everything on the factory visit.  They can arrange the factory to send a car to pick you up from your hotel, take you to the factory and take you back when you are done visiting --- free of charge.

You can also rent a car to travel to nearby places (rental car offices are near the train terminal).  You can visit the Ferrari Museum and; if you are into motorbikes; the Ducati Museum which is also owned by Audi.  Pagani factory visit is also possible but it's best to go through a 3rd party touring company as they know how to handle the booking and logistics.  As Allan said, the Ferruccio Lamborghini Museum is also worth a visit.

OT, Surprise the old filters are still effective on a number of words on this site.  San-t' A-gata isn't the only one.:icon_mrgreen:

@VCR  Thank you, that’s very helpful information. I definitely can appreciate the convenience of the trains and a nearby hotel. My SA said they could arrange a factory visit to time with the car build, but good to know that some of the local logistics can be covered as well.
Plus, I didn’t realize Ducati and Pagani were in the vicinity as well. 

@Allan-Herbie I’ll definitely look into the museum! Definitely seems like that’s a must see. 

The Pagani museum was interesting to see, even though its not very big.  Ferrari was a bit boring, although a few of the famous restaurants nearby were fantastic.  Most fun I had there was renting a Lambo Huracan and hunting for Ferrari test drivers. 

On 11/9/2021 at 5:55 PM, Allan-Herbie said:

Most fun I had there was renting a Lambo Huracan and hunting for Ferrari test drivers. 

Well don’t leave us hanging on that juicy teaser… do tell! 

On 11/8/2021 at 10:21 PM, VCR said:

There is now a Light Transit Rail from the Bologna airport to the city centre which made things very convenient.  The train stops at the city centre train terminal.  Directly across the street are 3 hotels with another 2 half-a-block away.  Staying there would be ideal.  Don't expect top-class 5-star accommodations but the 3 across the terminal are nice and clean and one is actually kind of hip.  Everything within city centre is walking distance (there are plenty of taxis at the train terminal too).  As you mentioned on another thread, you have an Ultimae roadster on order so the best thing to do is to ask your Lamborghini dealership to handle everything on the factory visit.  They can arrange the factory to send a car to pick you up from your hotel, take you to the factory and take you back when you are done visiting --- free of charge.

You can also rent a car to travel to nearby places (rental car offices are near the train terminal).  You can visit the Ferrari Museum and; if you are into motorbikes; the Ducati Museum which is also owned by Audi.  Pagani factory visit is also possible but it's best to go through a 3rd party touring company as they know how to handle the booking and logistics.  As Allan said, the Ferruccio Lamborghini Museum is also worth a visit.

OT, Surprise the old filters are still effective on a number of words on this site.  San-t' A-gata isn't the only one.:icon_mrgreen:

Hello both, yes I confirm now we have the so called "People Mover" straight from airport to train station and then Bologna city centre. Not too far from the train station I can recommend the hotel "I Portici" which is very nice and has a starred restaurant. Walking distance is approx 600mts, but there are many hotels to choose from.

Then on what to see, you've already received the best motoring suggestions ^_^

On 11/16/2021 at 6:35 PM, Adrenalista said:

Well don’t leave us hanging on that juicy teaser… do tell! 

By the Ferrari factory there are several exotic rental places.  I rented a Huracan, and while out running the local roads we ran into a few Ferrari guys willing to give it a go.