Valve Clearances

del mar2

Whilst the rocker covers are off.......

Anybody done this themselves ?

There is a video on youtube showing one valve changed only took 11 mins !!! But engine is out and on the bench, i accept access to the rear of the engine is painful.

I can find valve clearance measurements for the Diablo 6, do we know if an early 6.2 is the same ?

Measuring looks easy enough, changing a bit more hassle.

Thanks

It does look hard with the engine in. Probably just checking clearances isn't so bad.

If I were to take on this job, I would remove the exhaust system to get more room and be able to stand in the engine bay for some of the work.

It can be done with engine in. The spec for valve lash will be on engine data sticker on side panel. Do you have a source to get valve shims or will you need to order them as needed. The shims are not cheep. I have done the valve adjust many times with engines in car on Diablos, Murci and LP640 use a step stool makes it a bit better.

If you can't get the valve lash spec. I can look it up let me know, I remember it but always look it up best source is engine data sticker on side panel.