New 2WD conversion option for Murcielago's. Less expensive and better than other choices

Nuvolari

For years Murcielago owners have had limited choices for converting to 2wd. Most of the available kits supply a mount to support the transmission but this setup has a significant downside as it introduces driveline vibrations that would not otherwise be present. Check out this following video I put together that explains the problem and the new solution now available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgiRNLQJyec&lc=UgyTyEVTbEQcGpP028B4AaABAg

The new kit is available here and is about 1/3 the cost of the other popular conversion kit:

https://carbonio.com/products/lamborghini-murcielago-2wd-conversion-kit?rq=mk_lamborghini~yr_2005~md_murcielago~pv_all

I'm not sure why the links are not coming up but a simple copy and paste will work well

10 hours ago, Nuvolari said:

For years Murcielago owners have had limited choices for converting to 2wd. Most of the available kits supply a mount to support the transmission but this setup has a significant downside as it introduces driveline vibrations that would not otherwise be present. Check out this following video I put together that explains the problem and the new solution now available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgiRNLQJyec&lc=UgyTyEVTbEQcGpP028B4AaABAg

The new kit is available here and is about 1/3 the cost of the other popular conversion kit:

I'm not sure why the links are not coming up but a simple copy and paste will work well

The Reid Performance 2WD conversion does not introduce driveline vibration to the cabin. It has been in production for 6 years with over 50 Murcielagos running it and zero complaints of vibration. You are making blatant lies about the Reid system. 

Additionally, the Reid conversion is made of higher quality components with a more intricate design and the price reflects that. 

Any new / cheaper products are always welcome, somebody has to be first and over time people will always make cheaper alternatives, that is life.

I don't see why a gear box mount whether Reid or another supplier would produce vibrations ?

The Carbonio solution is quite clever though, but appears to be lose 80lbs vs 150lbs from a gear box mounted system.

Yes the bracket that replaces the diff has some weight, but what does the torque tube weigh !!

8 hours ago, del mar2 said:

Any new / cheaper products are always welcome, somebody has to be first and over time people will always make cheaper alternatives, that is life.

I don't see why a gear box mount whether Reid or another supplier would produce vibrations ?

The Carbonio solution is quite clever though, but appears to be lose 80lbs vs 150lbs from a gear box mounted system.

Yes the bracket that replaces the diff has some weight, but what does the torque tube weigh !!

If you watch the video you'll understand why supporting the gearbox via the transmission output can lead to driveline vibrations. The video will also outline the weight of every part removed. For reasons I cannot understand Reid Performance continues to claim a weight savings of 150lbs when it is physically impossible to achieve when you consider that every piece of the original 4wd system weighs 107lbs. Add back a bracket and stub axle deletes and you can't possibly LOSE more weight. Who's the blatant liar now?

Customers can make the decision for themselves. Nick's kit costs almost 3 times what the Carbonio one does ($1500 vs $4300). Justifying it by claiming a more intricate design and better materials is disingenuous as the cost difference is so extreme that it is impossible not to assume a Lambo tax was built into the costing model. I was not interested in such games and the pricing reflects a cost plus model that is universal to our customers this way nobody pays extra just because they have more means. 

You are the blatant liar. 

Your video references the OE upper transmission mount, which has absolutely nothing to do with the Reid mount. It makes absolutely zero sense that you would come out of the gate attacking the Reid 2WD with false claims. Maybe to justify your lower quality materials. . . . as I have zero issue with your version of the 2WD as it has nothing to do with my design, isn't the first 2WD competitor I've had, nor is it the cheapest option. But your false information for financial gain really shows your poor character. 

Based on your laser cut sheet metal which is powder coated, I'm going to assume it's mild steel. With the stub axles being cadmium coated, I also assume they are steel. If I'm wrong, please correct. In the alternative, the Reid transmission mount made from billet aluminum with a Ferrari engine mount for the damper and titanium axle deletes. All of the materials are sourced from the US and manufactured in the US. Quality ain't cheap and the 100% price bump in US sourced materials in 2020 wasn't either. 

A question that has come up a few times is whether the exposed end of the torque tube could trap debris that would find its way to the end of the transmission. While incredibly unlikely a cap is supplied for the torque tube that reduces the chances of that to zero.