Reggiani Out (& Up), Mohr In at Lamborghini

DoctaM3

Newsflash but no so unexpected I guess. Maurizio was a cool guy, very passionate and friendly to talk to. His enthusiasm was contagious whenever I spoke with him. I did not know he was being credited with much of the success of Squadra Corsa, but it am sure it make since as CTO, he has substantial input on the design and tech in those cars. I know nothing on Mohr. Anyone know him?

Here is the article.

https://carbuzz.com/news/father-of-lamborghinis-most-successful-models-takes-up-new-role

Nothing on the new guy, but Reggiani was perfect for that position. Litteraly one of the greats at Lamborghini.

I echo that Maurizio is very technically-minded and very passionate about the brand.  He's also very down-to-earth and approachable.  One interesting fact is that he was the then newly-resurrected Bugatti's 2nd employee --- a story which he loves to share. 

Never heard of Mohr until now.  As far as transitioning to hybrid's and EV's, he's likely good for the brand per se; however; just not sure how the brand's image and direction may be altered.  I.e. Winkelmann , despite his good knowledge in Italian culture, is German.  The last design chief, Perini, was replaced by Borkert who's also German (not too thrilled about his designs tbh; at least not yet).  And now we have another German replacing an Italian CTO.  As far as management and engineering is concerned, it's likely a positive change but sometimes things need to be spiced up with some Italian flair especially for a brand like Lamborghini.  The Raging Bull brand is resembling Porsche more and more...