Sticky Buttons

JanDaMan

Been working on my sticky buttons based on suggestions to use Nurtogena make up wipes. Tried on my wifes sticky umbrella handle first figuring sticky is sticky no matter where it is. Coming along pretty good so far.

IMG_8474[1].JPG

IMG_E8558[1].JPG

IMG_E8581[1].JPG

Impressive. I have other things that are like that--I guess I am going to have to try this. Those now look almost new!

On 6/27/2022 at 9:43 AM, DoctaM3 said:

Impressive. I have other things that are like that--I guess I am going to have to try this. Those now look almost new!

Take your time with it since it isn't an immediate removal of the sticky from the buttons especially at the hard to get edges. One button took me about 15 minutes, then the make up wipe kind of dries out too along the way so you have to open a few packs. I understand maybe ammonia, rubbing alcohol, goof-off and other things may be quicker but my assumption is that make up remover pads used on the face would be gentler and I wasn't sure about any paint on the buttons possibly removing with harsher stuff of if the carbon fiber surface would be affected if I got anything on it. Being careful with toothpick wraped with the wipe on the far edges helped too.  I saw the Nutrogena suggestions here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIEkbgI_fQI

Buttons all done, at least for the ones that looked bad and the rest look ok I suppose until later down the road. Only downside I can see with cleaning off the soft touch sticky stuff is that the soft touch has a little mat haze to it so unless you clean all the buttons that are in close proximity the buttons will look a little different. See below where I cleaned my R button and left the others alone for now (photo transfers upside down, not sure why).

IMG_8562[1].JPG

IMG_8933[1].JPG

This is great! My e-brake release on my Diablo 6.0 is as goopy as your wife's umbrella handle. Looks like this is the solve! I am going to try. Off to CVS!