Alarm continues to sound even when using engine kill switch, why???

JanDaMan

What the hell, cant even change the battery in the 08 LP640 without the alarm continuing to sound. I know the fob works because I changed that battery already. I thought the kill switch in the engine disconnects everything including the alarm. Damnit!

The trick was to get the car battery charged enough so I could then use the key fob to disarm the car, and then I was able to enter the car and use the kill switch in the engine bay and change the battery (painstaking process in itself). I found out the hard way that you can't just simply open the door with the key without disarming the car and then use the kill switch because the alarm will continue to sound (as I and my neighbors found out). Thanks to Frank at Raging Bull for the advice. Plus for anyone changing their battery, these stud extensions allow you to remove the wheel easily without scratching the inside on the brake or discs (real handy if you have extra tight space from CCB)! Plus being 60+ years old and not as strong as years ago, a furniture dolly under the tire also helped with easy wheel removal. As far as the inner wheel well panel, damn what a pain as well as the battery itself which needs to be raised above the wheel to wiggle it out.

IMG_E0116[1].JPG