The new V12 Lamborghini hybrid (Aventador successor)

Luckydaff

I have not found a good thread where we can discuss the rumors or info about this new V12 bull. So I started this one. Let's get talking :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cant wait to see what they come out with, although I have to imagine it will look very similar the Sian or something along those lines as it seems their special editions always hint at the successor.

Its also sad that this thread would have 10 pages by now about 7 years ago.    With a number of members giving hints who have already seen the car on their private tours.    

Yeah it's sad how this forum has died! But I am glad to see you are here still :) 18th of December seems to be a date where they are doing VIP previews of the car I heard. And it seems they are doing small events in different countries.

Regrettably, it looks like there isn't much left of this place anymore.  Mods aren't posting; Allan isn't posting; Alex (of SPE who techicallly owns this forum)) hasn't posted in years.

Anyway...

There will be 2 VIP preview sessions in NYC: Dec. 9-11 & Dec. 16-18 respectively.  But there's a catch to the invitation: all the invitees/attendees are supposedly have spoken for the new car already.  I.e. they had put down deposits for the car.  Moreover, they are limited to a preset number of choices on the colours and options.  I won't/can't disclose the details but let's just say the choices are not many and, supposedly, no permutations and variants allowed; i.e. you are given n-th number of colours to choose from and each colour is paired with a fixed set of options; no plus or minus and no mix and match.  This concept has 2 rationale: 1) given the ongoing supply-chain issues and the dicey global economy, Lamborghini needs to have full control in sourcing parts and materials.  Having a fixed number of colurs and parts would facilitate their production process without surprises.  2) marketing technique: this would provide Winkelmann the opportunity to claim that the first batch of production has already been pre-sold/sold out --- a trick that he had used often during his time at Bugatti.  I don't know about those who are attending the preview sessions but I am not in a hurry to get one.  Remember the first model year of the Aventador?  MY2012 has been orphaned as unlike subsequent model years, the 2012 cars' ECU cannot be updated.  With hybrid tech, this car is going to be a complicated machine.  Highly doubtful that it would be glitch-free from the start.  And we all knew they can only build them better and better.  If I am getting a car of this caibre, it would be tailored to my specific preferences; not something that's been predetermined and limted by the manufacturer.  I would much rather wait and see. 

TBH, from we have seen so far, I'm not too thrilled about it.  It appears the leap from the Murcielago series to the Aventador series is greater than the leap from the Avenatdor series to this new flagship.  Styling seems more evolutionary than revolutionary.  Hybrid tech already exists on many other supercars.  I hope I am wromg but I haven't seen or have gotten hints on any wow factor. 

Official launch is currently set for March, 2023.  And OT: the Huracan Sterrato is being launch in Miami next week.

I pretty much agree with you, I’m interested and have a deposit but not sure I want an early one. And certainly not to a pre defined spec unless that is staying for the whole model run so everyone has to have one. 

Lambo have also fucked over early owners for almost every car I have bought with oversupply and to people who immediately resell ruining any used market at that level as they are big money now and they make loads so not hard to wait for a new one if you want one. Unless you get the first one or very early I suspect it not going to go well for you. 

I’m also just not sure on it, it would have to be a mega update and technology to make me really want it and I just can’t see that. I sort of suspect it will be a rehashed parts bin car with a new power chain that may not work that well as it’s still a relatively small production run. 

Hard times are coming so I can see it being a tough car to resell once past the initial demand of first production year is over. There just isn’t a used market for cars at this level unless it’s a big discount as there are just too many of them now to hold value. 

Hopefully it will look good, as if it looks amazing straight off I would be a lot keener. 

I'll be attending the NYC preview in a few weeks. There's a few rumours floating around like there might not be a roadster and the V12 will have a short production. Not sure if they're true or not but we'll find out soon.

On 11/27/2022 at 1:20 AM, sl55 said:

I'll be attending the NYC preview in a few weeks. There's a few rumours floating around like there might not be a roadster and the V12 will have a short production. Not sure if they're true or not but we'll find out soon.

Sounds very sad if true! Anyway: https://carbuzz.com/news/lamborghini-revuelto-edges-closer-to-american-arrival

Seems to me the predetermined spec plan will work great for a good cross section of the initial buyers who just want to be first, and dont really care much about individual spec and style.    

I think most dealers will be willing to trade another allocation for a preconfig so preconfig clients can config their own car. They'll be a lot of people on the "waitlist" that won't get the shot of getting an allocation so they'll be willing to take a preconfig.

14 hours ago, Kevin2772 said:

Seems to me the predetermined spec plan will work great for a good cross section of the initial buyers who just want to be first, and dont really care much about individual spec and style.    

For sure.  Lamborghini did plenty of studies and consultations to come up with this plan.  There will always be a few who wants the vanity of being the first kid to own the newest toy.  It's not even the toy but it's the bragging rights that count.  And in this case, some may even want to profitize by flipping it.  Although there have been very strong suggestions that Lamborghini has taken the most strigent measures to ensure no flipping would occur.  All dealerships must adhere to a very rigid set of guidelines when ordering and selling the car.

It pisses me off, virtually every early car here is allocated to a mate rather than the best client of the dealer with average buying history and who will immediately flip them as they do every single time on every now model that makes money.

Its every time and Lamoborghini just let the same people do it over and over again wrecking the market as so many are initially for sale that anyone that holds gets ruined.

Guys that i know that saw the car earlier in the week, underwhelmed but probably a grower as always. Bit like Huracan to Technica, different but similar rather than something totally new. 

Twin clutch, 9250 redline, 1000hp, Veyron like exposed engine  

5 hours ago, topjay said:

It pisses me off, virtually every early car here is allocated to a mate rather than the best client of the dealer with average buying history and who will immediately flip them as they do every single time on every now model that makes money.

Its every time and Lamoborghini just let the same people do it over and over again wrecking the market as so many are initially for sale that anyone that holds gets ruined.

Guys that i know that saw the car earlier in the week, underwhelmed but probably a grower as always. Bit like Huracan to Technica, different but similar rather than something totally new. 

Twin clutch, 9250 redline, 1000hp, Veyron like exposed engine  

That last part sounds amazing! Did they leak the name for the people at the previews?

1 hour ago, Luckydaff said:

That last part sounds amazing! Did they leak the name for the people at the previews?

Nope, no name or price confirmed yet

The name of clients that received the preview had to be submitted to the factory and the factory had to approve it. Supposedly the factory was looking at wide range of criteria's so buying history was one but there was a bunch of others.

Did UK clients have to pick a preconfig?

8 hours ago, Luckydaff said:

That last part sounds amazing! 

Depends on one's perspective.  Think exposed plenum/wired mesh/X-brace and you get the idea.

Officlal unveil currently set at right before the end of March. 

21 hours ago, VCR said:

Depends on one's perspective.  Think exposed plenum/wired mesh/X-brace and you get the idea.

Officlal unveil currently set at right before the end of March. 

I mean if done right then it can look very cool. Its super cleanly done on the Veyron imo. But It can also look very naked like in the various testmules that have been seen around the world.  I just hope they fix the wiring birds nest that we have seen on the prototypes :P It looks messy with all the wires all over the place.

First clients from North America will see the car tomorrow morning. I'll be flying out tomorrow night, our preview is scheduled on Saturday. A fellow LP member will be viewing the car at the same time.

Saw this on the interwebz. Sounds to me like a Ferrari-like screen with the speedometer and what ever else it features. A great touch and I am glad Lambo is doing this to the "LB744".

Skärmavbild 2022-12-10 kl. 15.31.31.png

I with 4 other owners previewed the car on Saturday. Spent around 3 hours at the lounge. Andrea Baldi was there, so was the Doug Brown head of Lamborghini Canada. There was also a team from Italy that went through the car and the specs.  The car is incredible, styling wise it's very aggressive and as Baldi put it "makes the Aventador look dated". The interior isn't a massive step from the Aventador but it's enough. Performance is insane as well.

We selected a preconfig spec at the event. There was a wide range of paints with or without carbon. The preconfig cars should arrive by Q4 and all the preconfig early cars will receive a 60th anniversary plaque.

On 11/25/2022 at 12:05 AM, VCR said:

Regrettably, it looks like there isn't much left of this place anymore.  Mods aren't posting; Allan isn't posting; Alex (of SPE who techicallly owns this forum)) hasn't posted in years.

Anyway...

There will be 2 VIP preview sessions in NYC: Dec. 9-11 & Dec. 16-18 respectively.  But there's a catch to the invitation: all the invitees/attendees are supposedly have spoken for the new car already.  I.e. they had put down deposits for the car.  Moreover, they are limited to a preset number of choices on the colours and options.  I won't/can't disclose the details but let's just say the choices are not many and, supposedly, no permutations and variants allowed; i.e. you are given n-th number of colours to choose from and each colour is paired with a fixed set of options; no plus or minus and no mix and match.  This concept has 2 rationale: 1) given the ongoing supply-chain issues and the dicey global economy, Lamborghini needs to have full control in sourcing parts and materials.  Having a fixed number of colurs and parts would facilitate their production process without surprises.  2) marketing technique: this would provide Winkelmann the opportunity to claim that the first batch of production has already been pre-sold/sold out --- a trick that he had used often during his time at Bugatti.  I don't know about those who are attending the preview sessions but I am not in a hurry to get one.  Remember the first model year of the Aventador?  MY2012 has been orphaned as unlike subsequent model years, the 2012 cars' ECU cannot be updated.  With hybrid tech, this car is going to be a complicated machine.  Highly doubtful that it would be glitch-free from the start.  And we all knew they can only build them better and better.  If I am getting a car of this caibre, it would be tailored to my specific preferences; not something that's been predetermined and limted by the manufacturer.  I would much rather wait and see. 

TBH, from we have seen so far, I'm not too thrilled about it.  It appears the leap from the Murcielago series to the Aventador series is greater than the leap from the Avenatdor series to this new flagship.  Styling seems more evolutionary than revolutionary.  Hybrid tech already exists on many other supercars.  I hope I am wromg but I haven't seen or have gotten hints on any wow factor. 

Official launch is currently set for March, 2023.  And OT: the Huracan Sterrato is being launch in Miami next week.

We're not all gone, just a bit distracted. That being said, its time for an overhaul.