The new V12 Lamborghini hybrid (Aventador successor)

Luckydaff

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Received an update for the Aventador replacement on the Unica app today. I assume unknown car will be updated to "Aventador NF" in the next few days. 

I also received an update last week which included info for each spec. 

Screenshot_20230123_215300_Lamborghini Unica.jpg

On 1/24/2023 at 8:07 AM, sl55 said:

Received an update for the Aventador replacement on the Unica app today. I assume unknown car will be updated to "Aventador NF" in the next few days. 

I also received an update last week which included info for each spec. 

Screenshot_20230123_215300_Lamborghini Unica.jpg

Is anything that you received sharable? Spec options and so on. I heard some small hints from a close friend who was shown the same thing but it was just words. No pictures or anything :P

• 2 weeks later...

Invites for the special viewing at the factory went out this week. They'll be a tour of the new production line and dinner on the day of the unveiling which is on March 29th.

12 hours ago, sl55 said:

Invites for the special viewing at the factory went out this week. They'll be a tour of the new production line and dinner on the day of the unveiling which is on March 29th.

I really hope they do a livestream from the unveiling! 

As we all know the 60 Giro is going to be a strange one. Super expensive and less than half the cars compared to the Grande Giro. Oh and the "No cars prior to VAG's ownership" rule is just daft. It's funny how their slogan is "The future began in 1963." It should be "The future began in 1998" I think. Anyway I am still going to see it. As a fan. Not as a participant or Lambo owner (since I don't own a Lambo. The crazy price will make the quality of the cars in it very high I hope ...

9 hours ago, Luckydaff said:

As we all know the 60 Giro is going to be a strange one. Super expensive and less than half the cars compared to the Grande Giro. Oh and the "No cars prior to VAG's ownership" rule is just daft. It's funny how their slogan is "The future began in 1963." It should be "The future began in 1998" I think. Anyway I am still going to see it. As a fan. Not as a participant or Lambo owner (since I don't own a Lambo. The crazy price will make the quality of the cars in it very high I hope ...

LOL, your comment about 1998 is so true!  Although I think Lamborghini learned a few things from ther 50th Grande Giro.  They actually had to plan a different route for the vinatge models.  I suppose that put less strain on the older models such as the 350/400GT, Miura and Countach as they likely cannot keep up with or brake as well as the more modern cars.  They also had to place cardboard trays underneath the vinatge models when they were parked at the piazzas.  I suppose eliminating any model prior 1998 would ease up a lot of undertakings.  The event is by invitation through the respective dealers.  The idea is to assemble as many "bespoke" models as possible.  Although ultimately, it's more or less variation on the same theme, i.e. Murcielago series, Gallardo series, Aventador series and Huracan series (Veneno, J, Centenario, SC-18 Alston,  Sian. SC-20 & New Countach are all based on the Aventador and the Reventon is based on the Murci).  The cost of the event alone is $$$$.  Then there is the logistics costs of shipping the cars there & back.   Lamborghini SpA did put a logistic package together for the North American partipants.  The cost aren't too unreasonable but it's still a sunstantial sum.  However, there are only 2 collection points.  So owners throughout the continent have to arrange addition transport on their own to ship the cars to those collection points and back.

On 2/22/2023 at 4:15 PM, Destructo said:

Now that's something... all digital dash, wonder if they let you customize it? 

I am wondering and hoping for Lambo to "copy" McLaren's dash in the 720S. The retractable part of that is SO cool. It would be amazing if this did the same!

29 minutes ago, Luckydaff said:

I am wondering and hoping for Lambo to "copy" McLaren's dash in the 720S. The retractable part of that is SO cool. It would be amazing if this did the same!

Judging from the spacing, i'd wager to bet it has some movement to it, or at least some adjustment for angle. 

38 minutes ago, Destructo said:

That’s pretty cool, sadly it’s just affirming my dreams are dying one internal combustion engine at a time. Oye…

It's inevitable that the ICE is going the way of the Dodo Bird.  The signs of time I suppose.

What's really sad, IMO, is to see Lamborghini "following" instead of "leading" and that applies to both the mechanical and styling progresses.  Ok, Lamborghini has a V12 hybrid while others are 6 or 8-cylinders powerplant.  But there is nothing "new" about the tech and that also applies to the DCT; dare we even say it's about damn time!  As for styling, while it likely won't be bad, there's hardly any wow factor either.  Both the Miura and the Countach literally rewrote the automotive history.  Why can't Lamborghini do that again now that it has the proper financial support from VAG?  And with each iteration of new model, we are witnessing the dilusion of the Italian DNA from the car.  Consider this: the CEO, the CTO and the Chief Stylist are all Germans.  While there's nothing shabby about German management and engineering at all, Lamborghini is, supposedly, an Italian brand after all.  As to the styling --- again, Borkert can't hold a candle anywhere near to Gandini, Perini and even Donckerwolke.   His cars simply lack the Italian flair.  All Borkert knows is to make them look more complicatd than they really are with all the folds and creases, indents and inlets etc...

Regrets for the rant but I just don't want to be let down as the hype builds up for the launch.  Hopefully, Lamborghini will change my mind in about 3 weeks but I am not optimistic about it.

Btw, what happend to the site?  Looks like the mods are cleaning house?

Its pretty much out of date before its even arrived, design just not special or different enough to offset this. Unless its an absolute missile or really light then it's about 3 years too late. 

Would love it not to be the case but that's where I am with it for now

16 hours ago, VCR said:

It's inevitable that the ICE is going the way of the Dodo Bird.  The signs of time I suppose.

What's really sad, IMO, is to see Lamborghini "following" instead of "leading" and that applies to both the mechanical and styling progresses.  Ok, Lamborghini has a V12 hybrid while others are 6 or 8-cylinders powerplant.  But there is nothing "new" about the tech and that also applies to the DCT; dare we even say it's about damn time!  As for styling, while it likely won't be bad, there's hardly any wow factor either.  Both the Miura and the Countach literally rewrote the automotive history.  Why can't Lamborghini do that again now that it has the proper financial support from VAG?  And with each iteration of new model, we are witnessing the dilusion of the Italian DNA from the car.  Consider this: the CEO, the CTO and the Chief Stylist are all Germans.  While there's nothing shabby about German management and engineering at all, Lamborghini is, supposedly, an Italian brand after all.  As to the styling --- again, Borkert can't hold a candle anywhere near to Gandini, Perini and even Donckerwolke.   His cars simply lack the Italian flair.  All Borkert knows is to make them look more complicatd than they really are with all the folds and creases, indents and inlets etc...

Regrets for the rant but I just don't want to be let down as the hype builds up for the launch.  Hopefully, Lamborghini will change my mind in about 3 weeks but I am not optimistic about it.

I agree with everything completely. All the big people at Lamborghini is German now and you can tell. I mean the video was cool, but the accent of Mohr kills the feeling for me. I always loved Winkelmann but the others are way worse than their predecessors. And yeah, Perini and Donckerwolke really understood the Gandini design and had it in them. Borkert doesn't. It must REALLY hurt for him to know that the father of Countach (Mitja's favorite Lambo) hated his take on it :P I am starting to not hate it now finally. But it definitely isn't amazing either. 

On 3/8/2023 at 9:24 PM, VCR said:

You are spot on. It's polishing up established tech and putting the badge on it. I hate that. And as for styling, it's the epitome of German imagination. It's angular, cold and efficient. No flare, no panache. 

Site wise, I'm going through and  cleaning up in anticipation of an update. I wanted to reduce the visual footprint of the board because it was a monster. All the data and threads are there, but it was unnecessarily complex and redundant. I want to bring the board back to the basics. Slow progress, but progress none the less. 

• 2 weeks later...