The new V12 Lamborghini hybrid (Aventador successor)

Luckydaff

I can't wait for the unveiling, my spec will be yellow which will match my Urus Perf which I took delivery of today.

IMG-20230324-WA0017.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Btw, anyone attending the factory event at Silverstone in April? Supposedly owners will be allowed to take the AVR on the track.

So same engine from Aventador for raised redline for the extra hp, new bumpers,  dual clutch and electric for an extra 250kg gain. Few minimal weight saving bits in carbon rather than aluminium. 

more of an Aventador facelift than a new car. Bit like urus to rsq8 differences really, clever I guess, but disappointing it’s nothing new. 

2 hours ago, topjay said:

So same engine from Aventador for raised redline for the extra hp, new bumpers,  dual clutch and electric for an extra 250kg gain. Few minimal weight saving bits in carbon rather than aluminium. 

more of an Aventador facelift than a new car. Bit like urus to rsq8 differences really, clever I guess, but disappointing it’s nothing new. 

How is it a Aventador facelift? It's literally brand new, new engine, new components. The car is a massive step up from the Aventador and massive step up for the brand.

So the spec I picked at the NYC preview was Giallo Countach with black wheels. We couldn't change any other options. I was told to expect my car end of the year assuming there's no delays. I also plan to do La Prima which should be awesome and I'm trying to get an invite for factory event silverstone so I can test the car at the track.

On 3/29/2023 at 7:18 AM, topjay said:

Honestly, you aren't wrong at all.

I was at the event.  The "car" shown at the NYC private preview was a 1:1 scale model.  The launch event have several real cars shown.  We were able to sit inside them etc...  The Gala Dinner was inside the factory at the assembly line of this car and several "partially made" cars and bits & pieces of it (door panels, dash, monocoque, suspension etc...) were on display.

I suppose it's a step-up from the Aventador (it better be) but as aforesaid many times, the step-up is much smaller than the one from the Murcielage to the Aventador.  There really isn't anything innovative about it; more like catching up to the current supercar norm after 12 years.  The CTO's marketing pitch was "it's full of emotion, it's a fun car to drive and it's an easy car to drive."  IMO, that's contradictory.  Lamborghini's were never meant to be "easy"; if it's easy, then part of the fun has been diminished.  I like to grab the bull by its horns and ride it wildly but that's just me.  Styling-wise, well, I never liked Borkert's design and this didn't chnage my mind.  It's a mishmesh of all the few-off models: Sian front + Centenario rear (take the exhaust away and you'll know what I mean).  We have also seen plenty of the "Y" motif at the front end from the Sian and the Tecnica (even from the Terzo Millennio) so there is no surprise anymore.  I don't hate the styling but in all honesty. it did not wowed me at all.  And the interior is a true disappointment.  In all fairness, I'll wait until a testdrive to make a conclusion -- let's just see how "fun & emotional" it really is.  Overall, not bad but not terribly excited about it at all.  Defintely not calling my dealer to sign me up for one right away. 

Btw, some titbits info.: the engine is no longer offset to the left; it's dead centre (no more driveshaft perhaps)?  Interior does feel roomier than any flagship prior but it is a bigger and heavier car.  The bottom of the door is part of the door sill (think ThethetheFerrari) so ingress and egress is easier.  And the display panel: sorry, it does not fold or tucks away; it's just a thin piece of TFT display as oppose to the Aventador's pod-like design. 

On 3/26/2023 at 8:43 PM, sl55 said:

Btw, anyone attending the factory event at Silverstone in April? Supposedly owners will be allowed to take the AVR on the track.

I will have to wait until I see one in person. Hopefully when I go to the factory in the end of May, But personally I think it looks pretty cool. I was thinking it would be a lot worse than I think it is. But I came in with a mindset that it would be horrible which it wasn't. Hopefully the reviews are good. I wonder when journalists will get a chance to test it :)

2 hours ago, Luckydaff said:

I will have to wait until I see one in person. Hopefully when I go to the factory in the end of May, But personally I think it looks pretty cool. I was thinking it would be a lot worse than I think it is. But I came in with a mindset that it would be horrible which it wasn't. Hopefully the reviews are good. I wonder when journalists will get a chance to test it :)

I believe the media drives are next month. Select deposit holders will be heading to Silverstone this month for a preview track day.

On 4/2/2023 at 4:50 PM, VCR said:

Honestly, you aren't wrong at all.

I was at the event.  The "car" shown at the NYC private preview was a 1:1 scale model.  The launch event have several real cars shown.  We were able to sit inside them etc...  The Gala Dinner was inside the factory at the assembly line of this car and several "partially made" cars and bits & pieces of it (door panels, dash, monocoque, suspension etc...) were on display.

I suppose it's a step-up from the Aventador (it better be) but as aforesaid many times, the step-up is much smaller than the one from the Murcielage to the Aventador.  There really isn't anything innovative about it; more like catching up to the current supercar norm after 12 years.  The CTO's marketing pitch was "it's full of emotion, it's a fun car to drive and it's an easy car to drive."  IMO, that's contradictory.  Lamborghini's were never meant to be "easy"; if it's easy, then part of the fun has been diminished.  I like to grab the bull by its horns and ride it wildly but that's just me.  Styling-wise, well, I never liked Borkert's design and this didn't chnage my mind.  It's a mishmesh of all the few-off models: Sian front + Centenario rear (take the exhaust away and you'll know what I mean).  We have also seen plenty of the "Y" motif at the front end from the Sian and the Tecnica (even from the Terzo Millennio) so there is no surprise anymore.  I don't hate the styling but in all honesty. it did not wowed me at all.  And the interior is a true disappointment.  In all fairness, I'll wait until a testdrive to make a conclusion -- let's just see how "fun & emotional" it really is.  Overall, not bad but not terribly excited about it at all.  Defintely not calling my dealer to sign me up for one right away. 

Btw, some titbits info.: the engine is no longer offset to the left; it's dead centre (no more driveshaft perhaps)?  Interior does feel roomier than any flagship prior but it is a bigger and heavier car.  The bottom of the door is part of the door sill (think ThethetheFerrari) so ingress and egress is easier.  And the display panel: sorry, it does not fold or tucks away; it's just a thin piece of TFT display as oppose to the Aventador's pod-like design. 

I was there with VCR and Fortis, and hard to disagree with VCR's reasoning!

I'm generally slow to warm up to the styling of new Lamborghini models, so I cannot offer judgment on the car at this time. Hopefully in 12-18 months time I can weigh in on it. VCR is definitely right in how it doesn't feel like a totally new car. A little bit better in person than the photos I would say but not huge difference. 

One thing I will say is that I would want to wait to see it in the wild.....it's there where the Aventadors popped for me versus seeing them at Cars and Coffee. 

TBD. :)

NYC preview is today so look forward to hearing feedback for the guys who selected the preconfigs.

My spec was confirmed today. I requested black wheels which was confirmed and I was told my shift peddle will come in carbon.  I was also told they're going to be doing a very special delivery at the factory for the preconfig cars as part of the La Prima experience. Will post more details when I receive them.

1.png

1-.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2023 at 11:19 AM, LPOZ said:

TTz just speccd his in Oz. 

1.33mil Rosso Efesto with all the carbon. 

think i'll change the rims to the diamond cut with black...

• 2 weeks later...

For a car that was initially supposed to be all preconfigured, ive seen a lot of spy shots in some wild colors that I wouldnt think to be preconfig colors, like the gold color from the 01 Diablo SE.   And that blue color that is almost like the old Mustang Cobra Mystic Purple that changes colors.