Thanks for the seed you planted and helped grow

rmtn

Hi, I used to be vivid writer and did humorous photoshops (and few quite big favors also) almost daily for this forum when I was 25-30 years young and stupid, passing time at the most boring IT-career and contemplating the horribleness of 8-16 work. I sure had a lot of opinions about things that I had no idea and posted agressively on forums, so at least something has kept unchange, even if I dont come here often.

But back then I came for the pictures and stories of  Lamborghinis and other exotica, but I stayed because of the quick witted writers and people who were flamingly enthusiastic about entrepreneurship. Also this forum honed my english writing skills immensely.
It got me almost a decade to do the right choice and then after that few years to find my real passion and where my talent was. Now I have been design & engineering entrepreneur for 5 years and I can not stop working. I used to hate hate work, now I cant stop loving and doing thinking, design, engineering, and projects. I still think that I intrinsicly hate work, but it is now first sunday of the month that I kept not doing projects, yet I cant stop at least writing about them. I am turning 40 years at the christmas, and I would not be in this happiness of career choice if not  at least partly because of you. (Meaning the old members whom I believe still lurk once in a while to the forum.)

BTW I am still nowhere near owning Lamborghini. But at least my clownshoe is world’s lightest with most parts being self designed and producted from carbon fiber and 3D printed and machined parts. I am also still poorest of my city by my own words. Because again I hate doing the work when it involves marketing or selling. But regardless trajectory is absolutely right now and I think I am doing 28 hours of desing for every 24 hours in the day. What my normal day has looked nowadays: I am rendering concrete products while some of my 3d printed metal furniture is post processed at the same company that does Hornet fighter Jet engines,  I get international sales in automotive performance parts almost daily, mostly to USA. And I am designing at the same time rally car parts and air supply units and designing also the houses, floating homes, utility vehicles, aerodynamic parts etc etc... And I don't have a single clue what I am going to do in 2023, but I know it will be so much. I will constantly evolve and sharpen myself with all the knowledge, craftmanship and technologies that come in future and can be learned. I most propably still wont ever be able to own a Lamborgini, but that is because of the neocommunist regime that Finland has lately become, but lets keep that suck out of this post.

But, to cut the TL;DR and finishing with the cliff notes: Thank you Lambo Power members to igniting my passion way back time, from your own passion. I had no mentors, I had no clue, I did not even think work could be fun and motivating. but now I am finally in the helm of my career and mentoring also younger who are similarly lost.

On 11/27/2022 at 11:51 AM, rmtn said:

Is there a way to edit the text? I have few typos.

Screengrab + photoshop, pretty obvious solution :eusa_dance:

• 2 months later...