Lamborghini 60th Anniversario Giro

VCR

10 minutes ago, VCR said:

Anyone here going to the 60th Giro in Italy?  Starts in Rome and ends in Bologna.  May 24 -- 28, 2023.

Is there any more info on the specific stops? I was just last night discussing a trip to the factory this Spring because I wanted to re-live the amazing time I had ten years ago. But until now I had not seen anything at all about such event. Ending at the factory like last time?

1 hour ago, Luckydaff said:

Is there any more info on the specific stops? I was just last night discussing a trip to the factory this Spring because I wanted to re-live the amazing time I had ten years ago. But until now I had not seen anything at all about such event. Ending at the factory like last time?

Day 1: Meet & greet in Rome.

Day 2: Lazio region, Tuscan Coast & Tuscan Hills.

Day 3: Siena & Florence.

Day 4: Sant' #### but ending with Gala Dinner in Bologna. 

Day 5: Disband 

Cost: a whopping 25k Euro excluding VAT & all taxes and shipping logistics for the car.

Limited to 150 "modern" Lamborghini's only.

TBH, doesn't sound as good as the 50th which was the driving trip of a life time.

I would be down for this esp. if it includes logistics of transport of vehicle there and back.  Although from what I saw, 50th was amazing. Wish I could have been a part of it at the time.  Too bad the new Aventador replacement would not be available to run on the 60th!

I was talking to our mutuql friend Alex Aalto last night about you! You should bring the LP720! I am actually dying to see it :)

6 hours ago, Luckydaff said:

I was talking to our mutuql friend Alex Aalto last night about you! You should bring the LP720! I am actually dying to see it :)

LOL... so you would vote the 50th and not the Xago? I was thinking about Xago since there are more 50th and I figured a more rare "one-of" that is the theme for the Giro.

1 hour ago, DoctaM3 said:

LOL... so you would vote the 50th and not the Xago? I was thinking about Xago since there are more 50th and I figured a more rare "one-of" that is the theme for the Giro.

I actually prefer your 50th :P

On 1/11/2023 at 9:45 AM, DoctaM3 said:

I would be down for this esp. if it includes logistics of transport of vehicle there and back.  Although from what I saw, 50th was amazing. Wish I could have been a part of it at the time.  Too bad the new Aventador replacement would not be available to run on the 60th!

Regrettably, Lamborghini states that it will not involve logistics for the car.  More info. is being discussed for now; let's see if the Lamborghini Concierge can offer any assistance.  

The 50th Grande Giro was amazing!  I highly doubt that can be repeated in the 60th though.  It's a very different world 10 years onward.  

I am confident that the new flagship will be displayed or even make a rolling appearance at some point.  At the 50th, they displayed the Urus in its concept form and Winkelmann drove the Egoista concept onto the stage.  Winkelmann would not give up on a marketing opportunity.  As the 60th is in May, by then the new flagship would have been offically announced so it has to make an appearance.  I agree that it likley won't run the entire journey though.

I prefer the 50th LP720-4 as well but also agree that the Xago is the one to drive on this event.

• 2 months later...

25k euro for the giro is a non sense... 60th anniversary should be a way to celebrate the brand and history while it looks like today the only thing factory is interested in is milking as much money possible from owners every f..ing time

from parts, to service, to polo storico papers...and now even the one every 10 years  history celebration becomes a way to get a lot of cash

terrible imo considered what the 40th and 50th were...

• 1 month later...

I spoke to Shmee150 last night and he told me there will be at least one Reventon and multiple Countach attending the event (and more). That sounds interesting imo. If someone joins with a Veneno then my life is complete :P

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it looks like Automobili Lamborghini had decided to cancel the 60th Giro citing the flooding disaster in Italy!

22 hours ago, VCR said:

Well, it looks like Automobili Lamborghini had decided to cancel the 60th Giro citing the flooding disaster in Italy!

Yeeeepp ... Ten years of waiting to experience this. And now its cancelled. That really sucks! I know a lot of cars have already landed in Italy so it will be a massive headache for the owners. I wonder if Lambo will pay back the cost of transport or JUST the entry fee ...? Maybe they can bunch up the Polo Storico Event in September with this one and make it more like 50th was? Any way its very sad and I am stuck with booked tickets and hotels and all that. So I am leaving for Bologna in a few hours time.