Feeling behind.

IanMan

Hey all.  Haven't been online in a while.  I've made a lot of priceless friends here.  I learned a lot of information here about cars, about business, and even life.  I miss the forum and miss the environment you all created.  

I am hoping to find some kind of guidance.  I've hit a brick wall.  I was hoping to seek advice if that's not too much to ask.  I know many of you started from nothing or went through the ringer to get to where you are, but I feel so damn behind. I feel stuck right now in my pursuit of success.  I first joined when I was 22 or 23.  Now I'm 31 about to turn 32.  I spent almost 11 years in the military and it was a financially comfortable place to help fund the projects I've worked on/been working on but I knew it wasn't for me.  I got out in the beginning of 2020 and with COVID, it feels like everything in my life went to shit.  I'm in debt.  I haven't been able to find a stable job even though I know I'm qualified/overqualified for certain jobs out there. I was a Hospital Corpsman and have the knowledge of a nurse but my background equates to very little in the civilian world.  Recently my health has taken a toll and made it hard to stay motivated.  I have many skills, but I don't know where to put them to use.  Recently, I've been trying to pursue certain sales jobs that will help me not only have a stable income, but also put money towards my entrepreneurial endevours but I've been going through hell trying to find legit ones.  

On the business front, I'm still working on a current project which hopefully will create enough revenue to pursue other projects/ideas I want to work on, but it's not enough.  The project has taken way more time than I anticipated and I'm starting to wonder what I'm going to do after it or if it was all for nothing.  I can't get time back.  I know some might laugh
and say "You're still young" but it doesn't feel that way.  I don't feel young any more.  I'm just worried I've wasted so much time and that maybe my pursuit of wealth and Lambos might not have been worth it.    

I've watched my mentors and others grow wealth over time but they mostly started young and created an environment condusive to helping them where they are now.  I lacked the stability to make similar decisions at the time.  Has anyone else felt like this and if so, what did you do to fix it?  

At the end of the day, I guess I'm just disappointed in myself and wish I would have made different decisions.  I still want "it" but  I don't know how I'm going to get there.  Thank you, guys.  

• 3 weeks later...

Don't be so hard on yourself. It's a grind. I'm hardly successful, but  I do know it just takes hard work, time and you make a little bit of luck along the way. You've got my number, call anytime. 

Like Destructo said, shit doesnt come easy or quick for 99.99999% of people out there.   And lord knows the vast majority of people dont end up driving lambos.   I think in the grand scheme of things, those that do end up successful, the majority of the time isnt because they are lucky and got it on their first try, but moreso because they never gave up, weathered the storms, and just kept grinding.   Keep your head up.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just turned 39 and am starting work on a business project so 32 is not old at all! But get your health in order, you want to stay healthy, that is definitely something you do not want to let slip. Due to bad luck in life and an untreated disability for awhile, I wasn't able to even start getting my life together until 32. 

Have you considered maybe a trade school of some type? I am in machining, a lot of shops will give you a steady job and train you, it depends. Maybe there is some type of financial aid you could get for nursing education? Do you have military benefits you could use?

• 1 month later...

I turned 40, feeling I lost too much time in every turn and I was lost so long. So many of my friends have or have had exotics, but I am so far removed from that. At least I am internet friends with Ian so there is that.