C6 ZO6 + How do they do it!!! Amazing!

Spirit

the zr-1 was an impressive car when it first hit the scene, 70k price tag, now you can pick decent examples up in the mid 20's.

zo6 50k amazing performance, now you can pick them up in the 30's all day long.

gm makes too many, vipers retain their value much better.

Its great that there is a affordable performance car like this, i just wish gm would upgrade the interior of the zo6 over the stock POS's.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the title of this section of the forum "Other Cars"? If the POS boys want to slobber all over the new Plastic mess-06 let'em. Hell, it is ashamed it took Chevrolet this long to at least get it almost right. I mean I hate the stick on rear brake cooling ducts, that remind me of the Mustang and the rest of the styling is also questioable. But overall it is a nearly unbeatable package. Last time I checked Audi was a fairly large player in the automative marketplace..... I think they even won LeMans a few times.... and look at what they gave us with the new Murci? An underpowered overweight grand turing car! 3700-4000lb (hardtop and roadster) this is ridiculous for a 300K+ car. I hopw Audi wows us all with the next generation Murci.

LPE TT650

I wouldn't say that the Murci is underpowered, but I would say that it is overweight, as was the Diablo before it. I'd say that they could both afford to lose 150-200KG.

Though I'm always sensitive to weight on sportscars because it dampens the feel and experience, lets keep the weight griping on the M in perspective please.

The revised Murcie, which goes into production early next year, offers 645hp and slightly revised aero. Heavy beast or not, that will turn the M into a 7:4x car at the Nurburgring, which only a handful of production cars can currently achieve regardless of weight. Thus I wouldn't classify the M as some cushy "GT" because other true GTs (Vanquish, 575M, etc) don't come within 30 seconds of that time. That's important to remember.

Isn't the title of this section of the forum "Other Cars"?

OTHER CARS ( Viper, Ferrari, Porsche, etc )

;)

-James Miller

Love lamborghini from day one, but the weight has been my only gripe as well. Regardless the cares perform admirably even toting the weight around.

If youre buying that kind of performance for 75k sacrifices are going to have to be made.... I don't understand why people can't just admit this is the probably THE performance car deal of the decade and would rather focus on the car's interior flaws (not just here, its pretty much what people are saying all over the net.)

If youre buying that kind of performance for 75k sacrifices are going to have to be made.... I don't understand why people can't just admit this is the probably THE performance car deal of the decade and would rather focus on the car's interior flaws (not just here, its pretty much what people are saying all over the net.)

Because they have no actual experience with the car, at all, and they fill that void by simply regurgitating the comments of magazine journalists who think it's cute to make cliche jokes about the weight of Lambos each time they test one.

They're simply parrots. It's amazing what happens when these guys DO actually get first hand experience behind the wheel, then it suddenly becomes a conversation about "how wrong I was, OMG THIS ROCKS!!!" etc, etc. ;)

Slow :P (For a stock car, this is impressive I guess....)

(Edit: Never lost to a new c6 or old Plastic mess-06... hopefully I'll keep this trend going ;)

I'm looking forward to getting one of these new Plastic mess-06's myself! Cool car! :supz:

I might actually get a C6 now and then a Plastic mess-06 in 2 years. There will still be very little on the road as fast as a Plastic mess-06 in 2 years.

interior hahaha, guess thats the only thing most people can find wrong with the car.

if i was buying the car, i'd buy because its a street legal racecar. id pay 65k for the car even if it didnt have carpet or power windows.

its not an exotic, but would it kill you to give the car credit?

interior hahaha, guess thats the only thing most people can find wrong with the car.

if i was buying the car, i'd buy because its a street legal racecar. id pay 65k for the car even if it didnt have carpet or power windows.  

Everyone HAS given it credit. Problem is, POS fans want more. They want it to have equal status to F-cars, L-cars, and P-cars, simply because the new Plastic mess-06 has a fast timeslip.

Sorry. Not going to happen. Takes a lot more than that or people would be paying $300k for Vortech-equipped Mustangs, not Italian supercars.

The POS is a great performance bargain. Nothing less, and nothing more.

Everyone HAS given it credit. Problem is, POS fans want more. They want it to have equal status to F-cars, L-cars, and P-cars, simply because the new Plastic mess-06 has a fast timeslip.

Sorry. Not going to happen. Takes a lot more than that or people would be paying $300k for Vortech-equipped Mustangs, not Italian supercars.

The POS is a great performance bargain. Nothing less, and nothing more.

Couldn't have said that better!

I am surprised that they do not offer a more expensive interior as an option.

True it costs GM money to slow down the line. However the bean counters at GM can figure the cost of slowing down the line.

It should be simple. Figure the cost of slowing down the line, and add a profit on top of the line-time, materials, and labor. - I do not understand why they cannot figure this out.

People have complained about the Corvette interior for years. They bitched about the interior all the way back to the 1984 Corvette, with the Atari dash and half deployed looking airbag from the passenger seat. Let people pay for a higher quality interior.

Yes the Viper holds the value much better. I think the good GTS cars have actually stabilized in price. Look at the production #'s. You will not see a Viper every day. You will see boatloads of Corvettes every single day.

Insteresting that you say that about the interior Ralph, Dave Hill was just quoted in AutoWeek saying the one thing he might have done differently with the C6Z06 in retrospect was give it an uprated interior.

He said they felt if the price crept up too high that they'd lose head to head battles at retail against the pending Viper GTS, so they cut out plans to improve the Plastic mess-06 interior early on to maintain the price gap.

That was a mistake, though I doubt it will hurt their sales. They could have gone a long way to shutting up critics like us if they just would have put a couple grand into the interior material quality.

0-60 means nothing. It's an obsolete performance measurement that's too affected by grip, conditions, gear ratios, the driver, AWD versus RWD, and a dozen other things when it comes to cars with over 500hp.

Use 0-100 instead, retrain yourself to ignore 0-60 times as they're useless.

Or 1/4 mile, right? Anyway, the point is that the Diablo 6.0 is fast as hell :mrgreen:

Or 1/4 mile, right? Anyway, the point is that the Diablo 6.0 is fast as hell :mrgreen:

Yes on 1/4 mile, but ignore the time itself. Compare the trap speed instead, it helps minimize the impact from a bad launch or clutch-saving versus the ET, which is more dependant on those two things.

Agree on the 6.0, and all modern V12 Lambos being "fast as hell". That test puts the pending Murcie with the 6.5L (645hp) engine in perspective:

Nearly 100hp more than that 6.0 with only a little more weight. It should cement itself as being faster than even the SV/SE30, which the 6.0 and 6.2L Murcie didn't accomplish.

The POS is a killer bargan. For 65k you can't have everything. The interior is crap as most N/A cars are. It does us Kevlar in its body panels..and the engine has titianium con rods and other exotic goodies. This POS uses pretty much the same materials that Lambo or Ferrari uses in their cars, yet for some reason people still find a reason to bash the car. For some reason I think it just boils down to brand snobbery on both the Ferrari side aswell as the Lambo side.

Yes the POS is not a Lambo and its not trying to be. What it is, is a car that offers a huge amount of performance for a fair price, and because of this, certain items, like the interior are not going to be very high up on the list of things to get right.

Look at cars like the F40, F50, even the Enzo..nobody would call the interiors in those cars pretty. The Lotus Elese barly has carpet, but everybody loves that car, the Viper interior looks like it came straight from K-mart but knowbody complains about that car either..Why is it just the POS you guys harp on so much? Is it the owners you don't like, or is it the fact that a car can indeed be built that it faster the Lambo's flagship for 65k and using the same materials thats got you upset?

You guys already know I love Lambo's and Ferrari's but come on folks lets not harp on little things like a crappy interior in a performace car!

Tom it's your viewpoint that is exactly the issue here, not ours.

We don't care for the car, for a variety of reasons. But you, and the rest of the POS apologists, constantly try to break down and assault the "whys" of our distaste for it.

There is no why. We just don't care for it.

Some people don't like chocolate ice cream. Now you can list the ingredients in that chocolate ice cream, and tell me it's made with the same things that go into strawberry, and how we're being "strawberry elitists" etc, etc, etc, but the bottom line is:

I don't like chocolate. And nothing you, nor anyone else says, is likely going to change that opinion.

We have HEAPED praise on this plastic car from the second its specs arrived. We've called it a "fantastic performance bargain". I don't know what else you want us to say...No, it's not an exotic. No, Ti con rods don't mean it's "just as good as a Lambo" and no, the interior materials and build quality will not be overlooked and swept under the carpet simply because it's a shell built around an engine.

It's look is bland. It's seen on every street corner. The front engine/rear drive layout is a turn off (prefer mid-engine sports cars with their quick turn in, always).

I just don't like chocolate. And it's not because I'm a stawberry elitest. :)

lets not harp on little things like a crappy interior in a performace car!

Unfortunetly, the interior is where you spend 100% of the time driving the car. It can be stunning on the outside, but if it sucks ass on the inside, I would tire of it. Personally, I do not think the C6 interior is that bad. It is a big step above the C5, but I do think they should have had a "high-end" interior option. Even if it means it was done after the car was made and costs 5K extra, I think people would pay it for full leather, high quality plastics and style. Maybe the "Blue Devil" will have this. Otherwise I cannot see how they could justify a $100K price tag for basically a Plastic mess-06 + 5K supercharger.

Maybe the "Blue Devil" will have this.  Otherwise I cannot see how they could justify a $100K price tag for basically a Plastic mess-06 + 5K supercharger.

Dave Hill mentioned the Blue Devil and said it's a fantasy at this point. There are no running prototypes, at all, and there are no plans at this moment to build any.

In the end, it was simply Lutz shooting his mouth off to create press.