sooriyami

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even better Yet....... check us out at www.discovery-automotive.com

Thank you

Shadowman

Sorry Shadowman. I've never seen your site before, pretty impressive engineering. Your supercharged Z8 is sick.

Mine is on hold because Krieseiegg can't seem to make this exaust without causing check engine lights. Hopefully they will have the issue fixed in a week or so. If not ... lokks like MS Racing. I will not let this car turn into a problem for me. :(

Mana, please keep us informed of the development / outcome of your G as it will highly likely affect my decision on the exhaust as well, thanks!

Mana, please keep us informed of the development / outcome of your G as it will highly likely affect my decision on the exhaust as well, thanks!

Well; it happened…….. someone brought up a concern about the Kreis-sieg exhaust and “Check Engine Light”.

I think the system is “FRICKEN” awesome and I encourage others everyday to consider it for their car. It is for this reason I am compelled to fill in some blanks.

First of all the Check Engine situation when associated with the Kreis-sieg exhaust was and remains very minor. Having shared this let me also share that the feed back of late is that at least Tubi has experienced a similar situation. However it is the manor in which Kreis-sieg responded to this minor concern that keeps their system “TOP DOG” in my opinion.

I have had a few conversations with BMWRACER and yes an intermittent issue has been experienced. In the few situations where the “Check Engine Light” has been a concern it can be attributed to only one thing……. The cats either were not fully warmed up because the car was fired with the system in F1 mode when the car must be fired in normal mode if cold ….. or as BMWRACER shared after a couple hours of driving they “MAY” ….and the key word is “MAY” cool down enough to throw the light. In the case of BMWRACER he said that he the few times that the light has come on he simply ignores it because he knows the cause ….. However with a simple flip of the switch the cats will immediately heat up…..and WHOLLA no more check engine light. If this were to be the basis of the concern when compared to the simply wicked sounding exhaust that again as BMWRACER stated allows the car to pull “MUCH” stronger…… then so bit…………………… but once……

Kreis-sieg was informed of this and after personally having numerous very lengthy conversations a US Spec Gallardo was brought into their R & D facility to ascertain what was going on. It is as the result of this testing over the last couple weeks that modifications were made to the what I refer to as the manifold pipe so as to keep the Cats a bit warmer. I will quickly point out that this is phenomenal customer service and they have demonstrated great concern for the product that they have brought to market.

We last chatted only a couple days ago and then by email yesterday and I was told that the new pieces are on there way at this time and expected to arrive any day. Once in place I will make the installation of the Kreis-sieg system a priority whereas up until now it has been one of those projects I will get to soon…… …..yet soon never comes.

There was at least one person that stated they were going to purchase the MS Racing system. There is no doubt that it is wonderful system, so much so that it was a consideration for me too however it does not offer the extreme F1 sound that only the Kreis-sieg has been able to create. It also is “NOT” have the “Valvetronic’s” system so you will not be able to switch between softly cruising through the neighborhood and screaming down the road…… but rather you will always be in scream mode.

Having shared this I rather like the wide open mode all the time however out of respect for the neighbors and the local police from time to time being able to muffle the system is a good thing.

Take care

Shadowman

BTW, thank you all for the kind words after visiting my web site.......

Best efforts are made to post projects as they move through the facility however from time time there are those that prefer to remain under the radar.....

As for the SuperCharged Z8............................ truly a wild ride when she is exercised to the limit.

Take care

Shadowman

It is a pleasure to read your posts Shadowman.You couldn't have said it better.

I just need to add 1 more thing.It is really important IMO to start the car with the valve closed.It happenned to me again when the car was shipped back from LA.I left the valve open by mistake and when i started the car in Toronto,the engine was sputtering ,hesitating and backfiring.

The open valve is sending a signal to the computer that the engine is running lean and during the warmup period there is too much fuel going into the engine causing the plugs to foul up.This is the second time it has happenned and i believe i can be avoided by closing the valve before a cold start.

Otherwise,i am extremely happy with the Kreisseig

So the check engine light is solved by simply closing the valve? Interesting.

Eisenhaus has not made a friend in me though. They contacted me a couple of weeks ago about a "disclaimer" that I was supposed to sign, I had paid for the exaust a few weeks prior to that. I was told of the problem but was informed that by starting the car with the valves closed and allowing the cats to heat up things would be fine. I was also told the exaust would ship that day. A few weeks pass and I have no exaust. I called Mark at SP to find out what the hell. He contacted Eisenhaus and was told the shipment never happened as they were in the process of making a fix for the CEL issue. That is a good thing .... but no one called me to tell me the exaust was not coming. A one minute phone call would not have been too much to ask so I was not under the continuing impression that the exaust was due any day. Even Mark at SP was under the impression I had my exaust. Hopefully they get their shit together and I'll get my exaust in a week or so.

Eisenhaus has not made a friend in me though. They contacted me a couple of weeks ago about a "disclaimer" that I was supposed to sign, I had paid for the exaust a few weeks prior to that. I was told of the problem but was informed that by starting the car with the valves closed and allowing the cats to heat up things would be fine. I was also told the exaust would ship that day. A few weeks pass and I have no exaust. I called Mark at SP to find out what the hell. He contacted Eisenhaus and was told the shipment never happened as they were in the process of making a fix for the CEL issue. That is a good thing .... but no one called me to tell me the exaust was not coming. A one minute phone call would not have been too much to ask so I was not under the continuing impression that the exaust was due any day. Even Mark at SP was under the impression I had my exaust. Hopefully they get their shit together and I'll get my exaust in a week or so.

Mark mentioned that to me.I think they handled the situation with very little class considering the product they are selling and the cost of it

Mark mentioned that to me.I think they handled the situation with very little class considering the product they are selling and the cost of it

Thank you BMWRACER for sharing additional information…… very cool.

To answer the primary concern…..yes starting the car with the valve closed, letting her warm up, and then exercising her addresses the “Check Engine” light…… yet what we have done and the reason that systems have not been shipped over the last 3-4 weeks is because improvements have been made to. So much so that three of the systems that were slated for customers in the US were shipped back to the factory for on sight changes and either have been or are slated to be returned shipped soon.

Now as the word “Class” a very difficult word to define……It is for this reason that I again post my web site www.discovery-automotive.com because just as Mark we too work with a variety of manufacturers. In our case we are often times involved with the designing and R & D work associated with a product. And then there are those times that we use what is suspected to be a tried and true product yet find a glitch. This was the case with the Kreissieg system. In this case it was a glitch produced by style of use rather than the design of the product. The product is stunning.

If I were to use the word “class” as used in this situation my sentence would go something like this…….. “I spoke with “X” and he was not able to correct, receptive to, understanding of my concern because he said that he had never personally experienced it. So the terms correct……… receptive to……. and understanding may equal …Class or ones feeling of lack thereof……in my opinion the customer should experience “Class” from their point of contact i.e. us or for example Mark and then any secondary relationships albeit sometimes a bit more mechanical are the relationships developed between the marketing/installation facility and not the end user….the customer should feel no pain…..only the “Wonderful” experience associated with the process..

I share that not only was Eisenhaus extremely receptive but they were “JOHNNY ON THE SPOT” and asked for all sorts of feed back from me, spoke with BMWRACER and BMWRACER’s technician at the dealership in Canada. It was as the result of all of this input that a truly wonderful product has been elevated to an even higher level. I deal with situation all the time as such encourage changes when I feel they benefit the product and or add to others products to make them extreme pieces.

I can share that over the years “Check Engine” lights or “SES” lights have always been an issue that I deal with. Sometimes through software and then those such as this through hardware…… it is “ALWAYS” able to be resolved the trick is isolating the issue and dealing with it……

We all know that there are an endless number of facilities that one can purchase pieces from, and then another group that can provide a service, and then a very small group that can offer both while addressing your wishes, remaining concerned about the results, and then remain available once the check has cleared. There comes the time that who you deal with and place your trust becomes one of the most important components of the process.

I know, now speaking from a somewhat bias position that we are one such facility and yet at the same time I have spoken with Mark on more than one occasion and I sense that his manner of doing business is such that the customer and their wishes and concerns are primary and remain at the forefront of the equation too.

I hope that this helps

Take care

Shadowman

WOW !!!!!!

Timing could not have been better.

I just received this photo of the new piece on its way. “Phenomenal” is the only word that comes to mind.

Please keep in mind that from the time that the concern was brought to their attention until we were able to determine the culprit ……… do the R & D work…….. and then produce the completed and modified piece was only a matter of weeks. I dare say that “VERY” few if any other company would allocate the time and resources required doing this so quickly. So again I share, they care and they listen. As such my loyalties to them and their product have never wavered.

I hope that through all my rants you retain this……. There are some companies’ such as mine do “MUCH” more than sell simply products and solicit services…they look and work on your car as if their own. I am one such person and in a word I am about as “ANAL” as they come…… black or white…… very little if any grey area when it comes to how a project is approached and what the end results will be.

Take care

Shadowman

Guest SP_wEaZeL

Wow, I haven't received any information yet and I'm the one who bought the exhaust. Time for Jayson to get a call from me!

Just to put things in perspective:

Alex (owner of SP Engineering) is or has to be the only one in the United States with the full Kreissieg Exhaust system and header system for a Diablo that I know of. I'm also very sure that he was one of the first in the states to own one of these exhaust systems. He has been dealing with the Kreissieg crew for quite some time now. John and him have always gone back and forth discussing and helping one another. There is no other product line out there that compares to the quality or craftsmanship of the Kreissieg. MS racing comes close, but not quite all the way. Their "Valvetronic" Gallardo exhaust is just not in comparison with the Kreissieg as far as sound levels are concerned. You have to put in perspective that if you have a customer that is a first time owner of these exotic cars, they're not as knowledgeable as the "experts" are on these cars. So, when a "CEL" comes on, they're going to worry and wonder why. Not only that, when a customer is willing to spend the hefty price tag to purchase one of these exhausts, they don't have the hassle of a "CEL". Rule of thumb: Customer is always right. It's just very discouraging when you ask for help and none is given. That's as far as I'll take it. But, I hope that Kreissieg get's their minor glitches fixed and get this tied up so we have 3 Kreissieg owners instead of 2.

-Mark

Guest SP_wEaZeL
Please let me know when this is all figured out ...

That's not even a second guess. I'm just as eager as you are..and I really appreciate your patience with me Bill. I hope you got your t-shirts!

Guest SP_wEaZeL

And, from the looks, Shadownman has come to save the day with pictures of the new system. Thank you for the information Bill, I can't wait to see what happens.

-Mark

Great great news. Kreissieg is top notch, can't believe they responded so quickly to this. Good stuff.

And Shadow owns, he's turning into the "Mecano of technical help" lol...My question answering in the Gallardo section alone has dropped in half since he arrived... :lol: :lol:

Thank you folks……..

The “Team at Kreis-sieg” directed in the USA by a fellow by the name of John have exceeded even my expectations……… and for the record mine are very high and I would yours to be.

These gals of ours often times need pieces that are massaged a bit as time goes by. When we aligned ourselves with the Kreis-sieg product it was not only because of what they offer but even more importantly what they are willing to offer; an open mind, a receptive ear, and the willingness to respond. They met all expectations with flying colors.

There will always be a place for the other products out there….such Tubi mentioned in this thread however for those that want “ONLY” the best for their gals ……… I suspect that the Kreis-sieg exhaust will long be the product of comparison. Price is certainly always worthy of noting yet value is how the final consideration should be made. Now with regards to this statement……. Remember that often times folks hear Tubi, Kreis-sieg, Larini, etc. and they all are lumped together as the same. However there is a discernable between these products; some mentioned are simply a replacement muffler whereas others such as the Kreis-sieg are a full “Custom Designed Exhaust System”. One such like comparison would be wheel covers that look like custom wheels compared to true custom wheels. Both have there place and to some appear more similar than different however this would be stating that a Lambo and a Honda are the same……. 4 wheels…… able to take you from point a to point b……. yet …………… you know what I mean….

I shared earlier that "DHL" has Kreis-sieg's modified Gallardo system heading my way so just as soon as it lands it will be installed and the music will be heard.

Take care

Shadowman

That's not even a second guess. I'm just as eager as you are..and I really appreciate your patience with me Bill. I hope you got your t-shirts!

Yes, I got the T shirts today ... :mrgreen: I'll be sporting them at the gym next week. :mrgreen:

After seeing this exaust ... I NEED IT. :axe:

Guest SP_wEaZeL

Yes, I got the T shirts today ... :mrgreen: I'll be sporting them at the gym next week. :mrgreen:

After seeing this exaust ... I NEED IT. :axe:

We'll get it worked out!

This must be an ultimate product: so many recommendations initially; so many positive feedback; and when a glitch is discovered, so many came to its defence; so many explanation & rationale (all good & valid ones, no BS); so short of a time to remedy the glitch; and obviously, so many people wants one... :twisted:

a favour please: how 'bout some numbers for the statistics --- weight saved from the stock exhaust (weight of stock exhaust : weight of the K) and dyno test the car (hp prior : hp post installation of the K). Thank you.

This must be an ultimate product: so many recommendations initially; so many positive feedback; and when a glitch is discovered, so many came to its defence; so many explanation & rationale (all good & valid ones, no BS); so short of a time to remedy the glitch; and obviously, so many people wants one... :twisted:

a favour please: how 'bout some numbers for the statistics --- weight saved from the stock exhaust (weight of stock exhaust : weight of the K) and dyno test the car (hp prior : hp post installation of the K). Thank you.

There haven't been many Kriessieg owners to this point, there were a lot of people who sat on the fence waiting for the bold "first" owners to make that move last year. Now that Aram and a few others have, more will come. Unfortunately nobody that currently has the Kriessieg did a "before" dyno plot, but to be honest that should be the least of your worries.

Exhaust-related dyno plots are mostly nonsense anyway, I'd be surprised if even no cats/straight pipes gave the Gallardo more than a 10hp boost versus normal, and even that's pushing it.

As for the weight, that we can definitely find out, but it similarly is not going to be dramatic, if I had to guess I'd say 30lbs. is saved tops as the G doesn't have that huge Grandmother's Trunk that the Diablo/Murcie have.

No one buys the Kriessieg for performance reasons, though the owners do say throttle response is noticeably improved. They buy it for the sooooound...and drama-free smog inspections thanks to the valve. :)