last time.....tubi or kresseig?

sooriyami

Hi All

Thanks for the positive comments about our site and projects. They are truly a labor of love for car nuts like us.

Some great information shared by all.

The Kreis-sieg exhaust is slated to arrive here tomorrow at which point we will take more pictures and include installation coverage on our site www.discovery-automotive.com in our Lamborghini section. We might even get some video if time permits.

Please don’t hesitate to call either Bill (Shadowman) or myself if you have any additional questions.

Cheers~

Sean

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY GOOD POINTS....particularly the last one in states such as California...

BTW, the modified system has arrived...... or I should say it is in the country and has been inspected, re-boxed and is presently being tagged for Saturday delivery to our facility.

This further supports all the comments that I shared about Kreis-sieg and their US distributor .... When comes to listening and responding in an extremely timely manner they remained very diligent......

"THUMBS UP"

Shadowman

Can the Kries-seig be supplied to fit standard G exhaust tips? The website shows a double tip look but I want my car to look stock.

Also, anyone know if they can supply to Australia? My dealer knows how to fit a Tubi, but can he fit a K?

TIA

Guest SP_wEaZeL
Can the Kries-seig be supplied to fit standard G exhaust tips? The website shows a double tip look but I want my car to look stock.

Also, anyone know if they can supply to Australia? My dealer knows how to fit a Tubi, but can he fit a K?

TIA

Kreissieg has a USA dealer that supplies to companies like SP Engineering Discovery Automotive. I'm sure if you really wanted, you can have the factory tips welded on to the exhaust, but that kind of defeats the purpose. But, if that's what the customer wants, then they shall receive. But some fabrication would have to be done. Good luck!

TIA

Alright..... you bring up a couple interesting questions.

1. As for the "OEM" tip style. As Mark from SP shared anything can be done however because of the design of the system it would be awkward. I too checked on this at the onset and by design it did not make sense. Furthermore the OEM tips are actually behind the decorative round tip that you can see and touch..... now add to this the OEM decorative tip panel is "HEAVY".... over 5 pounds per side.... WOW.... the design for the tips is similar to other Marques specifically the BMW Z8. FYI, the OEM panels are cast aluminum with a heavy stainless shielded tube bolted in place whereas with the Kreis-sieg system there are 2 very nice wire mesh panels included that replace the OEM panel assembly. The replacement panels weight ....maybe 1/2 pound so replacing these pieces along leaves nearly 10 pounds at the curb.... substantial to say the least.

2. Can the product be shipped to Austraia and installed by a tech familiar with the installation of the Tubi.....absoulutely. We ship International all the time and with the system is a wonderful CD with a picture blow by blow that makes it very straightforward.

I hope that this helps.

Regards

Shadowman

So for those of you that have never seen your gal with her ass showing...here you go...

Shadowman

I've seen better back sides :lol: :) ;) ;)

LOL

Theres more pictures of the of the disassembly uploaded on the site now and over the next few days more will be uploaded as the process continues.

Sean

Alright …here is the latest.

The new design Kreis-sieg system for the Gallardo was in fact Express Air Freighted into the USA last week and then promptly inspected prior to being shipped over-night to our facility for final QC before putting the production changes into place.

Out of the boxes came works of art……”Stunning”… to a piece everything had been changed …. Some pieces had subtle changes whereas other pieces were extreme. All of this further supported what the manufacturer went though both in thought and work to produce this system.

Initially the system was dry fit (meaning mocked up) to verify fit and clearances. Even though I knew this process had been done with a Gallardo on site rather than simply using jigs I still wanted to see for myself….. Once installed and everything was verified the system was then removed and the methodical process of installing permanently began.

Once completely installed …and long before the vacuum and electrical connections had been made…”Like a kid in a Candy Store” I needed to hear her breath……. I used a Mighty Vac tool as the means to control the Valvetronic system during this test.

She fired……… spoke well, very much as OEM and then I put her into F1 mode………… “OH MY GOSH” …….. Yes we had previously heard the Kreis-sieg sound clips and in fact many of you have had the opportunity to hear BMWRACER’s car in person however I for one was not prepared for the music I heard…… It was as if she had finally found her voice…..she sounded happy and at the same time; like a fricken “BEAST”…….

Once the system and the gal were completely warmed up she was shut down….. let rest for the evening and the next day everything was checked……”Perfect”……. and so the final phase began.

The goal was to integrate the Kreis-sieg system as if OEM. This included the required vacuum switch, the vacuum lines, the style and placement of the harness, plugs, and then finally the manner that the system was integrated into the cockpit including the style of switch that was used.………… This goal was achieved with flying colors.

Now with a simple flip of a switch she immediately goes from being a wonderful shy gal looking for love into a fricken “TRAMP” knowing full well that she owes the boulevard.……..

Anybody that has owned an early V-12 car knows the difference between the music they produce when compared to the cars of today and as such would thoroughly enjoy this system; and for those that dreamed of one day owning a Lamborghini and now have one… This system will allow you experience the real deal……. You will feel “Goose Bumps” and the hair on the back of your neck will rise when you hear this system. It is as if the gal comes to life.

Take care

Shadowman

Then I guess all that's left to do is get mine shipped .... I paid for it about a month ago ... how about it Eisenhaus, you gonna ship my exaust or what?? :twisted:

I just sent you a PM....... but to openly answer your question "YES" now that I have completed the final testing process on this end the systems will be in the pipeline soon.

All I can say is that the delay ...... as frustrating it must have been will end up being very worth it.

You have many "MUSIC" filled moments ahead.

Regards

Shadowman

This is a very good question to which the answer is no

I did however chat with the folks in Canada a few times and as such was able to recreate the same set of circumstances that created the concern in the past and everything has checked out fine with the modified version.

The earlier version would allow the cats to cool down to the point that the car thought she was in cold start mode and then drop into open loop and then as the result the check engine light was soon to follow.

As the system is now the cats will in fact warm up even in F1 mode and then remain stable at a temperature lower than in normal mode yet well above the minimum parameters required to keep the system happy.

We have run her now well over 4 hours in spans of time from 20-30 minutes up to 45 minutes at a time with her in F1 mode most of this time.

I hope that this answers some of the questions and concerns…… there is no doubt that I remain anxious to exercise her and intend to soon. There have simply been a few issues not Gallardo related that needed tending to first.

Take care

Shadowman

So here is the final chapter in this book…..

All “THUMBS UP”

I was finally able to take some time for myself so we buttoned up the ass end of the gal and placed her on the road. Considering all the testing that we had done in house we remained confident of the results however she needed to be exercised as well.

She was fired her in normal mode, which is the default mode ….. She idled in the shop for a few minutes and then she was pulled out……. I flipped the switch to place her in F1 mode and the event began……. Several hours later and after nearly 200 miles we returned from a wonderful drive.

The sounds and sensations that filled the air and surrounded the gal were awesome and through it all “NO” check engine lights.

She arrived back at the facility happy as she left requiring nothing more than an array of bugs to be removed.

Having shared this I personally thank all that have watched this thread, for those that have participated, and would encourage others to consider such a modification to your gal.

We placed the final pictures of the process on the web site too.

Take care

Shadowman

I just placed my order.... Shawn... get ready to let the G scream in Atlanta Ga!!!!!

you only live once... just don't let my wife know how much the damn thing cost!!!

:twisted: