Z06 and the Gallardo

rampante

I think Lamborghini better come up with another hundred horsepower (for the Gallardo) real soon, because from what I'm reading, the Plastic mess-06 is going to blow it into the weeds. And I don't want to hear about the shitty quality of the Chevrolet, because that's not going to make me feel any better after I get "wooped". :(

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then go buy a Plastic mess-06. Or do what Wayne is, and add a couple hundred hp to the G via turbos.

Or best of all get StoleIt to add warp engines to some F-body for you. Or, I know! Buy a turbo Haybusa like Ralph's, then you'll be really really fast and not so scaredy waredy of the mean Plastic mess-06!

See where this is going?

There are always options. Lamborghini might not be right for you. Nor Ferrari for that matter, whose cars are also slower than the Plastic mess-06. Nor Porsche as well, unless you can step up to the CGT. Nor Aston Martin, nor BMW, nor...etc etc etc etc etc.

As I said, get over it. There's always someone faster. ;)

I don't plan on doing much street racing with my Gallardo. If I want to beat the shit out of someone, I have a TT Viper for that purpose. Hell my Porsche would smoke my Gallardo ... :roll:

The Gallardo has a "Cool Factor" that a POS just can't reproduce.

Two completely different cars.....................

Certainly I enjoy more power....... but will I purchase another POS........ no; simply not an interesting car to me.

Shadowman

For me, its not only about speed. I beat (although barely) a Gallardo in my E55 last year, but I can't wait to get rid of my 996TT and pickup my Gallardo. In fact, my wife kicked my ass when I was in my 996TT and she was in the E55. The E55 just pulls harder once the Porsche is out of 1st gear.

I have since dumped the E55 and got a CLS55 even though it (in theory) could be a tick slower than the E55 due to increased areodynamic drag. It just looks so much hotter to me then the E class.

I have so few opportunities to race on the street that it doesn't matter anymore. With 4 young kids, I need to be very careful as they need me around. I have certainly toned my driving down since having children. I went from "stupid fearless" to just a little crazy now.

One of my employees just picked up a Convertible C6 a week ago. The interior is a complete joke. That would keep me out of the Plastic mess-06. The Lambo is just so visually striking that (for me) the speed is almost immaterial. I am not saying that if it had 300HP I would buy it, but the speed is more than acceptable. Any car that goes 0-60 in roughly 4.0 and runs a low-mid 12 sec 1/4 mile and looks like the Gallardo does works for me. Now if only I could find the one I want!

If all you care about is speed, there are a lot of cars out there in addition to the Plastic mess-06. Speed is only 1 factor in the equation of what makes a car desirable. I hardly think people will be dumping their Lambo's / Ferrari's / Porsche's to scurry out and buy a Plastic mess-06. You may find that some people will add this car to their stable, just for grins, but I hardly think it will change many owners' opinion of their own cars. What would an 06 Plastic mess-06 owner do if he/she ran into a TT Viper? Run out and sell it for a Viper?

Just like Mako said, there is always something faster.

I have a 2 fold issue....1st I need to find a buyer for my 2004 996TT and then I would like a low mileage '05 Gallardo (with navigation, if possible) in black/black. I am still open on tranny with a bias towards eGear (for now).

If all you care about is speed, there are a lot of cars out there in addition to the Plastic mess-06.  Speed is only 1 factor in the equation of what makes a car desirable.  I hardly think people will be dumping their Lambo's / Ferrari's / Porsche's to scurry out and buy a Plastic mess-06.  You may find that some people will add this car to their stable, just for grins, but I hardly think it will change many owners' opinion of their own cars.  What would an 06 Plastic mess-06 owner do if he/she ran into a TT Viper?  Run out and sell it for a Viper?

Just like Mako said, there is always something faster.

Of course there's always someone faster, but I only compare stock to stock when looking at how a performance car stacks up. Anyone can modify a car that will outperform the stock version. Now you guys are sounding the Ferrari crew. I.E. = "I don't care if a Lamborghini is faster, it has no racing hertitage"--(you all laugh at that logic). Normal people don't expect a STOCK Chevy to beat the STOCK Lamborghini in performance matters. Styling is another thing; I don't think anyone buys exotics solely for looks alone.

Rampante, maybe I'm not being clear enough: Lamborghini is apparantly not for you. Please go buy a Plastic mess-06 and have fun "wooping" on lower cars like Gallardos. Trust me when I tell you their owners won't give a shit about your tremendous victory. ;)

If you can't understand why there are other reasons beyond just speed to own an L-car, then we can't explain it to you. It's a combination of things, not just one. The Chevy was built for one purpose: speed. It accomplishes it. For those who think speed is the only reason to own a sportscar, have at it, it's all yours.

Rampante, maybe I'm not being clear enough: Lamborghini is apparantly not for you. Please go buy a Plastic mess-06 and have fun "wooping" on lower cars like Gallardos. Trust me when I tell you their owners won't give a shit about your tremendous victory. ;)  

If you can't understand why there are other reasons beyond just speed to own an L-car, then we can't explain it to you. It's a combination of things, not just one. The Chevy was built for one purpose: speed. It accomplishes it. For those who think speed is the only reason to own a sportscar, have at it, it's all yours.

Mako,

If I bought a new Plastic mess-06, I would be more than laughing if I beat up a high priced Gallardo. I haven't heard very many say they're not interested in maximum performance in an exotic sportscar; and that it is no big deal if a much lesser "stock" car puts a hurting on you and you go home with your tail between your legs. That is pure rubbish.

I don't know what these other "things" that you allude to, are (other than handling prowess). You're right, you are not being clear at all.

Here's a list of mfgs who have volume cars that can outperform the Plastic mess-06 in straight-line speed which cost below $300k right now:

NONE.

Soooooo....I guess all other mfgs are guilty of the same deficiency as Lamborghini seemingly is in your eyes. Which means you need to go post on the Ferrari, Porsche, BWM, Aston Martin, Ford, and Lotus car boards regarding your complaint. Go ahead, you've already made your voice known here, cheers, you're really taking Lamborghini to task buddy! So head on out, you've got a lot of posting to do. We shouldn't be the only board who gets your infinite wisdom on the subject, please, spread your opinion elsewhere.

You want Lamborghini to "react" to a Plastic mess-06? Sure thing...as soon as everyone else does.

The rest of us will simply continue to drive L-cars and not worry about the scary wary Plastic mess-06 "blowing our doors off". Put it this way: After this "devastating victory" the Plastic mess-06 owner leaves wishing like hell he could trade his car for ours...we leave happy we drive an L-car while he's in a run of the mill POS. If you don't "get" why that is, you either lack experience, or are better served by a Plastic mess-06.

Good luck.

Of course there's always someone faster, but I only compare stock to stock when looking at how a performance car stacks up.  Anyone can modify a car that will outperform the stock version.  Now you guys are sounding the Ferrari crew.  I.E. = "I don't care if a Lamborghini is faster, it has no racing hertitage"--(you all laugh at that logic).  Normal people don't expect a STOCK Chevy to beat the STOCK  Lamborghini in performance matters.  Styling is another thing; I don't think anyone buys exotics solely for looks alone.

Well then, go buy a Plastic mess-06 and enjoy it! Problem solved.

Mako,

Do I want Lamborghini to "react" to the Plastic mess-06? I want Lamborghini to react to everything out there. That's what Mr. S. Winkelmann was alluding to when he recently said Lamborghini is "uncompromising".

As far as I can tell, you do NOT own a Lamborghini; you seem to drive other people's automobiles, so what the hell are YOU rambling on about with the statement = "we leave happy we drive an L-car...".

I think I have a reasonable amount of experience in these matters.

Mako,

If I bought a new Plastic mess-06, I would be more than laughing if I beat up a high priced Gallardo.

So when a 16-year-old kid in his modded Supra blows your doors off, then what? I guess the laughing stops there, huh? And don't give me the stock-to-stock BS. Speed is speed. Do you think the pretty little blonde in your passenger seat watching you race the Supra in your Plastic mess-06 is gonna care when you whine, "ya but his car is modified, mine is stock." Sounds to me like you define your self-esteem by the car you drive, and how it performs. If that's true, you will never be able to fully enjoy the car you own. I'm not sure what your thread is trying to accomplish. If Lambo doesn't make a car that you want to buy, then look somewhere else. And while you're at it, ask how many Gallardo owners would trade their car for a Plastic mess-06. And, ask how many Plastic mess-06 owners would trade their car for a Gallardo. Bingo.

Mako,

Do I want Lamborghini to "react" to the Plastic mess-06?  I want Lamborghini to react to everything out there.  That's what  Mr. S. Winkelmann was alluding to when he recently said Lamborghini is "uncompromising".

As far as I can tell, you do NOT own a Lamborghini; you seem to drive other people's automobiles, so what the hell are YOU rambling on about with the statement = "we leave happy we drive an L-car...".  

I DO own a Lambo, and fully agree with Mako's statements. Experience or not, he is correct.

Mako,

Do I want Lamborghini to "react" to the Plastic mess-06?  I want Lamborghini to react to everything out there.  That's what  Mr. S. Winkelmann was alluding to when he recently said Lamborghini is "uncompromising".

I was talking about L-car owners, I couldn't make it gramtically correct and not write it as "we leave happy" since I was defending their position.

Thanks for the insult though, appreciate it. Good to know my tireless work in helping make L-Power what it is to the community is lost on you.

Mako,

Nothing was lost on me.  AND, no disrespect was intended.  Sorry if it came out that way; I just was in a mood to banter with someone today.  ;)

I have no problem with being called out so to speak, I don't hide my current status. But likewise I don't feel the need to type "I'm not a Lambo owner but these are my thoughts..." as a preface to each of my posts either. I'm beyond it.

My point to you is still the same: Go beat down Ferrari's door. Or any other high-end exotic mfg for that matter. Picking on Lambo specifically is foolish, everyone is "guilty" in this department if that's your take. You want an immediate instant reaction, that 1. Obsoletes the Murcie (by making the G much faster and 2. Reacts to a car built specifically for speed. The comparison to a sport bike still applies. How much is enough? We need "17 seconds to 150" now because some other car does it "17.5"?

The first answer still applies best: Lambo needs to do nothing. Lambo owners on the other hand, have options. They can buy a Plastic mess-06, or add HP to their existing L-cars via modification. Problem solved.

I owned a 9 sec Plastic mess-06. I also own a Turbo Viper and a very fast Turbo Porsche. While I have only owned my Gallardo for a few weeks, I can say there IS something different. All of the above cars would waste the Gallardo ... but the Gallardo is better. It is hard to explain, maybe it is the gawking and rock star type treatment you get but there is something very special about this slow Lambo. ;)

Here's a list of mfgs who have volume cars that can outperform the Plastic mess-06 in straight-line speed which cost below $300k right now:  

NONE.

Not exactly a high-volume car, but the Noble M400 is as fast as Plastic mess-06 in any task, if not faster, and it costs about the same ;)

And it looks SOOO much better :mrgreen: