F430 clocks 1.22:9 at Top Gear track

bigLAMBOfan

i thought the topgear track was a very small track, hard to make use of an engine's power, something like an elise or exige will kill on that track, isn't the murcie designed for large track goodness?

I would love to see the f430 win on the ring or la sarthe :axe: it standts no chance. the Gallardo got 1:25 on a soaked track so I think the Gallardo would beat the murcielago for the same reason farkasd said

I don't care how fast it is its still ugly.

i thought the topgear track was a very small track, hard to make use of an engine's power, something like an elise or exige will kill on that track?

Yup. Quite a small track with some very slow corners.

What I find quite funny is the Stradale is STILL faster... yet thats quite a bit older than the 430. I thought the 430 was supposed to be as fast as a Stradale but with more comfort.

I much prefer the Stradale to the 430...

The TopGear "track" results are bullshit and always have been.

They don't control any of the variables, namely weather, there have been three different stig drivers during the course of the show, and Clarkson has said previously they only get one to three laps to "get it right" due to time restrictions.

It means absolutely nothing. As does TopGear the show. Both are a waste of time and should be considered as "entertainment" only.

They don't control any of the variables, namely weather, there have been three different stig drivers during the course of the show, and Clarkson has said previously they only get one to three laps to "get it right" due to time restrictions.

It means absolutely nothing. As does TopGear the show. Both are a waste of time and should be considered as "entertainment" only.

<-stupid

I think they go off fan favorites.

Agree with every word =D>

its still the best show ever

BestMotoring kills TopGear, not even in the same class compared to Clarkson and his circus of clowns. But it's not broadcast on television, you have to purchase each episode on DVD.

Worth it though, as they feature known LeMans/JGTC/F1 drivers testing cars in a controlled environment on tracks like Fuji and Suzuka, to their limits. TopGear is a kiddie lark by comparison.

The problem with BM is a lack of English subtitles, but I have a buddy that translates it for me on the fly, lol, he's my United Nations BestMotoring attache. :mrgreen:

Guys, it isn't meant to be taken so seriously, so chill out! The show isn't that serious anyway! It's fun to watch you know!

BestMotoring kills TopGear, not even in the same class compared to Clarkson and his circus of clowns. But it's not broadcast on television, you have to purchase each episode on DVD.

But in Best Motoring the NSX's always seem to beat Ferrari's and even Lambo's... so that can't be right can it? :mrgreen:

But in Best Motoring the NSX's always seem to beat Ferrari's and even Lambo's... so that can't be right can it?  :mrgreen:

In two of the last three races on longer tracks the NSX-Rs overheated and crapped out...shhhhh Viper. :P

But in Best Motoring the NSX's always seem to beat Ferrari's and even Lambo's... so that can't be right can it?  :mrgreen:

In two of the last three races on longer tracks the NSX-Rs overheated and crapped out...shhhhh Viper. :P

Yeah... that did suck. But they were kicking ass before that. :P

Guys, it isn't meant to be taken so seriously, so chill out! The show isn't that serious anyway! It's fun to watch you know!

But unfortunately people do take it seriously, as this thread proves. These innane "lap times" get parroted about as if they're relevant. (not you BigLamboFan, referring to other people, other boards).

And if I want bad comedy and old cliches I'll watch "Must See TV" on NBC. :)

Its one of the better shows on the Discovery channel but its not the best show ever.

Its one of the better shows on the Discovery channel but its not the best show ever.

It is the best car show ever. It smokes the completely pathetic Larry Webster on Car and Driver TV. I cannot stand his fake laugh. ARG! :twisted:

No way Viper, Car and Driver TV was bad, but the worst is the now long dead "AutoWeek" program that used to be on speedtv and was done by the guys at the magazine...

Every week at the end Dutch Mandell who is the Editor in Chief over there would give his "editorial rant" to the camera, and it was priceless. A true 10 on the unintentional comedy scale...I'm laughing just thinking about it...

No way Viper, Car and Driver TV was bad, but the worst is the now long dead "AutoWeek" program that used to be on speedtv and was done by the guys at the magazine...

Every week at the end Dutch Mandell who is the Editor in Chief over there would give his "editorial rant" to the camera, and it was priceless. A true 10 on the unintentional comedy scale...I'm laughing just thinking about it...

But wait, there's more........ that was a LAME show. :mrgreen:

But wait, there's more........ that was a LAME show.  :mrgreen:

LOL! "But wait there's more..." I had totally forgotten that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll tell you guys next week when the 430 comes to SP!  :twisted:

Make sure you break it in properly. Preferably around a tree. :mrgreen:

What do you guys think about Motorweek??

Not too fancy of a show, almost obsolete by modern standards.....but definitely some history and charm to it.

The original car show??

Motorweek used to have this little hottie on it, this hometown girl...wtf was her name...Jennifer Kosnabis? Something greek.

My g/f used to always say "You think she's pretty? No way she'd get into Playboy" and she was right, but that girl was cute in her own way.

I used to make fun of the main guy on that show, how he "yuks it up" and puts on his 1955 news anchor fake deep voice when reading the script...It's a harmless show, nothing worth taping it each week, but if it were on I'd watch it.