Decisions Decisions Need Help

cdellena

I'm seriously considering buyiing a diablo, but need some guidance,

I presently own a 2003 500 sl, 1998 Viper and 1988 Porsche Turbo Cab so I won't be driving it a lot apx 1,000 miles per year, since I live in the northeast and have only 6 months of good weather.

With these facts in mind I'm not sure whether to buy a 91-92 for apx 100,000 or should I go the 96-97 Roadster route apx 150,000 or so.

The question is whether it is worth it to spend that kind of difference with my limited use, or is the newer car that much better, more reliable perhaps better resale.

WhenI bought the viper it was well worth it to go to 3rd generation car but only 10,000 difference, but here the difference is quite significant.

Therefore I need some experianced opinions from this board since I have no expeiance with either one of them.

Thanks for any help

Early Diablos have their advocates because of RWD, lightness (well, relatively speaking) and scarcity. I'm a first time Lambo owner, and bought a 6.0 because that seemed like the pinnacle of Diablo production. There are also some special editions that others could tell you about. Unless you really need another top down car (by my count, you have at least two, the Benz and the P-car), I'd either skip the Diablo roadster, or spend the premium buying a more special Diablo,( like the 6.0, but admittedly, i'm biased in favor of that one). THe roadsters are pretty unique, but unless there is a collector's element to this as well (and i suspect that those would limit you to a few select roadsters, not that i am completely up on the open cars, but the Millenium is the last of them, I believe), I'd look for model type, condition, service historyand crazy color in almost equal orders of importance. :anal

Whart , great advice ! I too am a past 993 owner and currently have a 96 GTS and an 01 Diablo. There is nothing that compares to the Diablo. The Porsche and the Viper are actually boring after driving my 6.0 for the past two years. With the current cars you have now i would look at some 6.0's , SV and SE 30's unless you like the looks of the roadster better than the others. Depending on miles you should be able to find all of them within reach of the roadster prices. You will truly love a Diablo ! Good luck on finding the right car ;)