95 Transmission Problem

icedemon

I just got a 95 Diablo VT. I'm getting a beeping sound when I go into 5th gear a lot. After a while the the on/off beeping sound (like when you first start your car with the seat belt off) goes on full time (one straight sound). When that happens, the transmission feels like it goes into a lower gear and a loss of power. As soon as that sound stops, the transmission comes back to normal (feels like it has gone back into the gear it's supposed to be in) and I get the power back.

I'm having it looked at later this week, but just wondering if anybody knows what might be going on.

You're hearing the warning chime for the catalytic convertor overheat alarm. It has 2 levels: caution and imminent danger. The beep-beep is the caution level, the constant chime is drastic overheating. The LIE computer will cut-back the fuel injection system at this point to prevent overheating. This is a non-trivial issue and not to be taken lightly.

The cause of this is most-certainly either an ignition problem (likely) or fuel injection (such as stuck-open fuel injector) less likely. Please see http://www.lamboweb.com/Repairs.htm for much info on this; I would begin by checking both your ignition/plugs as well as the injectors. See the repair site for specifics

Thanks for letting me know. This confirms what another person told me. He told me that the car can catch on fire if not taken care of. Looks like I won't be driving around until I get this fixed.