Phantom TV Hack

siemprelisto

Looking to enable the in-dash navigation TV while in drive, anyone know the trick?

Also, on the steering wheel, I would like to replace the 3 Black spoke covers with wood that matches the dash, anyone know where to get these?

One last thing, I want to install Satellite Radio. Is there a way to incorporate the controls into the Factor controls? I do not want the Satellite Antenna to be seen. Has anyone mounted the antenna under a fender or in any other location that is hidden? What is the Best Antenna to use?

Thanks in advance for the information!

Looking to enable the in-dash navigation TV while in drive, anyone know the trick?

Also, on the steering wheel, I would like to replace the 3 Black spoke covers with wood that matches the dash, anyone know where to get these?

One last thing, I want to install Satellite Radio. Is there a way to incorporate the controls into the Factor controls? I do not want the Satellite Antenna to be seen. Has anyone mounted the antenna under a fender or in any other location that is hidden? What is the Best Antenna to use?

Thanks in advance for the information!

There is a way to do it for $1800 but it can ruin the electronics in the car. its not worth it. it has to do withthe fiber optic cables so its more difficult. i would pass.

I assume your car is an 04 but the 06 has satt radio. i would ask the dealer if that could be upgraded to the 06 model.

as far as the streeting wheel you can get it from the dealer. it would be hard to match the wood grain becasue the way Rolls does it is it uses the same peice of wood and makes sure it is exact. there is a company out in la that does a full streering wheel in the same type of wood as your interior but it costs $7k . ill see if i can get there # so they will be able to match it for you.

good luck

SK90077,

Thank You for the responce and information.

Best Regards!

You're welcome. Please let me know if I can be of any help

• 3 weeks later...

whithout trying to sound like spam....

My guy can do this kind of thing no problem. I will try to post a pic of mine while in drive for you. my understanding after talking to him about this job is that they actually take out the tv tuner and modify the firmware. no fiber cable splicing (even though that is no big deal I do that kind of thing all of the time. If you are interested pm me and I can forward you info to him.

///MK

whithout trying to sound like spam....

My guy can do this kind of thing no problem. I will try to post a pic of mine while in drive for you. my understanding after talking to him about this job is that  they actually take out the tv tuner and modify the firmware. no fiber cable splicing (even though that is no big deal I do that kind of thing all of the time. If you are interested pm me and I can forward you info to him.

///MK

whats the cost and how can we do it out of state?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

FYI the Video in motion is done and it works great worth every penny when you have a A.D.D. family in the car

If only I can say the same about my clock

///MK

• 4 weeks later...

I need to get this done in san jose. Anyone know a shop up there?

I know just about every shop will claim they can do it but it's not exactly a honda civic