Anyone have experience with the Cadillac XLR?

PorscheDude

Well my dad is thinking about picking one up and wanted some feedback. An 04-05 with around 10k miles can be had for 40K. Im amazed how much they depreciate. Has anyone owned one? any known issues with these cars? My dad plans to drive it alot (daily driver).

Regular version. The V is nice but for that money I would tell him to get a C6 Plastic mess-06, SL55 or 996TT.

I think it's the best looking hard top vert out there, I'd take a V over an SL55/65 any day.

Really? I drove a regular XLR, i think the SL is superior to it. Can't speak for the V series but i really don't think it will ever compare to an SL55/SL65 unless they really improved the XLR-V's chassis, gearbox, engine, suspension etc...

Really? I drove a regular XLR, i think the SL is superior to it. Can't speak for the V series but i really don't think it will ever compare to an SL55/SL65 unless they really improved the XLR-V's chassis, gearbox, engine, suspension etc...

Obviously the SL's are going to be more refined, better proportioned and much better in terms of quality and fit & finish. But, you'd expect that from a car that costs nearly $200K.

On top of all of that, I did say that I thought the V was the best LOOKING (LOL) hard top vert out there.

There's no way in hell I could justify spending another 100 grand on the SL65 over the XLR-V, but for the true Benzo fan and purist, it shouldn't be a problem.

Obviously the SL's are going to be more refined, better proportioned and much better in terms of quality and fit & finish. But, you'd expect that from a car that costs nearly $200K.

On top of all of that, I did say that I thought the V was the best LOOKING (LOL) hard top vert out there.

There's no way in hell I could justify spending another 100 grand on the SL65 over the XLR-V, but for the true Benzo fan and purist, it shouldn't be a problem.

Sl65 is waaaaay to much for the XLR-V, i think you should stick to comparing it to the SL55. IMO the XLR has nothing over the SL. The SL drives better, feels better, looks a hell of a lot better!

I'm a Caddy dealer and have had 2 for demos. Nice cars, a bit more civilized to drive then a POS. One of us drove a V for his demo. He loved it, but we're having a harder time selling it with the 3700 miles on it. I can tell you though, my father has a 2003 SL500 in the garage at his place in the desert, and those things are a dime-a-dozen there. The XLR really is a lower production number car, and is fun to drive. Maintenance is very low, and the 2007 models have the 100k mile powertrain warranty. 4yr 50k bumper to bumper. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions about them, as I'd be happy to answer them.

I think the XLR was done nice on the outside, but the interior is a different story. They need someone different to design their next roadster, as the interior just wasnt up to par. Im sure most people will agree the SL looks better from every aspect, and power wise, there is no comparison. The XLR is far more rare, but do you want quality over rarity? Its up to you.