Looking at a 2005 SL600...anyone here have one?

RL in Florida

Was looking at buying a used MB SL-600...its really been hit by depreciation (137K MSRP, selling now for under 80K with warranty).

Just wondering if anyone here has had experience with one? I test drove it....its really smooth power, and I love the hard top convertible. Suspensions a little cushy, but adjustable.

Would probably rather have an SL55 AMG, but the SL-600 caught my eye because of the color and the V12 engine sounds very cool, especially at high revs...

How about maintenance? THE MBs are terrible on maintenance problems to begin with, but what about the SL600 in comparison? WOrse than the "average" MB?

Thanks...

Rick

Ive got a 99 SL600, and i love it. The car is amazing and the torgue is mindblowing. I have driven an 06 SL600 as well and find it similiar though i feel more in control and connected in the 99 body style. i say go for it!

I had a 03 CL600, a fast, smooth cruiser, with incredible torque. Handles like a boat, but who cares. Not a reliable car though. Mine was in the shop several times, and at least 5 weeks over the three year period I rented it.

I have an sl65 which is a blast. I say go for it or even get the sl65. has more power the the 600 just as smooth but has the amg suspension, brakes, exhaust etc. either way a great car you will enjoy.