Lic Plate light.

Hawkan

As far as I know, the 04 - 08 Gallardos and the LP560 license plate bulbs are all "normal" type bulbs. I looked into how to change a license plate bulb several months ago and found the following info:

There is a slot at the top of each light bezel that at first appeared to be where you might insert a screwdriver or hooked tool to pry/pull out the bezel.

This proved NOT to be the case.

If you forge ahead heavyhandedly in this direction you will risk breaking the lens.

If you look very carefully at the top of the slot you will find a tab that is VERY thin and thus hard to spot at first glance.

take a thin flat screwdriver and insert it gently ABOVE the tab.

Press down gently but firmly, and coax, or lightly pry the lens out.

Once you have it out, rotate the gray plastic piece directly behind the reflector portion of the lens about a 1/8 turn in a counter clockwise direction.

At this point you can access and change the push-in type bulb.

Here is a photo of a 'representative type' (BMW) of license plate lamp assembly:

Hope this helps/keep us posted.

rampante

post-251-1249849759_thumb.jpg

Hi. Is the lic plate light a normal bulb or a led on a 08??

Easy to change??

Thanks

Hawkan

Was the method described, the way to get the lamp assembly out from the 'bumper housing' ??

Also, is the bulb a true LED or just an incandescent 'festoon' style bulb (like this) [because the LP560 lic. lamps don't give off the LED style of light] :

post-251-1249859479_thumb.jpg

These bulbs can be replaced with C5W 12v (12844 philips) bulbs. I think they are festoon. The housing can be removed easily but absolutely DO NOT force it since the plastic clip that holds it in is fragile. If I remember correctly you do have to use a screw driver to push up in the opening next to the housing closer to the center of the car and then slide the housing to the side (can't remember if it's left or right). If you do break it, the housing is an audi part... and no not just an equivalent but an actual audi part. It is stamped with 4 circles:

8NO-943-021-A (left)

8NO-943-022-A (right)

If you do replace them, make sure to put them back in on the correct side otherwise you'll probably break the housing.

The bulbs can be found at most auto stores and the housing can be found at any audi parts store.

I was going to take one out and take pictures for you but it's dark and I forgot to bring out a screw driver :0)

• 2 months later...
Got it out. Its a led style bulb.

Thanks Hawkan

Must of missed this thread :/

A phone call is a lot better and you did, kind of funny where I got that part from :)