Clutch Problem???

cablesurge

Hi,

Just noticed this problem recently as i hardly redlined my car, but tonight just as i was driving harder than usual, i dragged my first gear to 7500rpm and shifted (in sports mode) to 2nd gear. but it appeared that the 2nd gear seemed to slip and there was a slight lag before it engaged. Is there a problem with the clutch or the way i am changing it?

The dealers have checked my clutch when i sent for service 3 weeks ago and there was about 70% remaining.

Could it be possible that it happened cos i may have released the accelerator while the gears were changing? I will have to try it again.

Btw, does anyone know what the rev limit is? 8200rpm?

If you release the accelerator while changing gears it can definitely affect the clutch engagement. I don't know if that's the case in this incident. Is it repeatable? As for the rev limit I think it's as follows:

2004-05 8000

2006-08 8100

2009 LP 560-4 8500

The limiter can be changed so why not try yours out (once you determine that your car doesn't have a problem)? It will back off quickly when you hit it.