Exhaust heat shield

Mondi

I took my stock exhaust off last night and I'm going to put a fabspeed system on tonight but couldn't decide whether or not I should wrap the stock heat shield around the new pipes. So for those of you who have an aftermarket exhaust and cat delete pipes and do NOT have a heat shield have you noticed any plastic/rubber pieces or any wires deforming/decoloring? Thanks in advance.

I have an '07 with LOC exhaust and would not even think of installing it without the heat shield. If you have egear the main unit and lines are near the exhaust and heat will shorten it's life. I've also read about bumpers discoloring from the exhaust heat. I would think it would be a risk without it and no downside to installing it.

I have a aftermarket exhaust that was installed by the previous owner, he did not put the heat sheilds back on and my rear carbon fiber panel above the exhaust completed discolored turning the panel yellow. I highly recommend putting the heat sheilds back in the car.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed a LOC Rev5 and Fabspeed catless pipes and installed all heat shields. They don't weigh that much and provide that extra protection so why chance it? jmo