Diablo Parking Brake Needed

Liquid

The parking brake on my '99 SV will no longer engage correctly. Lamborghini Dallas atempted to adjust it, but the previous owner apparently bent the brake handle.

I need to replace the e-brake handle assembly to correct the issue and the factory wants $2300 for the part. I would be surprised if this was a part that was not borrowed from another car by Lambo, but I have not been able to find any information on this. Does anyone know where I can find a good used e-brake handle or know if the OEM piece was manufactured by someone else?

The parking brake on my '99 SV will no longer engage correctly. Lamborghini Dallas atempted to adjust it, but the previous owner apparently bent the brake handle.

I need to replace the e-brake handle assembly to correct the issue and the factory wants $2300 for the part. I would be surprised if this was a part that was not borrowed from another car by Lambo, but I have not been able to find any information on this. Does anyone know where I can find a good used e-brake handle or know if the OEM piece was manufactured by someone else?

Wow. Thankfully that doesn't keep your car off the road.

The problem is the piece that engages on the teeth of the handle. We may have a machine shop fabricate the piece to solve the problem if I can't find a solution other than replacing it.

• 2 weeks later...