SL Wing on a LP560

Memo

What do you guys do?

Do you leave the spoiler lift mechanism along with the steel lines as it is or remove them completely?

What do you guys do?

Do you leave the spoiler lift mechanism along with the steel lines as it is or remove them completely?

If you remove it all you will likely get that wing error light.

When I did the SL wing on my 04, I left everything in place and got no error lights. It was a pretty straight-forward swap, and the 560s are even easier since you don't have to remove that ridiculous under-tray with 1001 screws that the 04-08's have.

Still probably easier if you take the decklid off the car (which takes about 5 minutes) - 4 nuts, one plug.

If you remove it all you will likely get that wing error light.

When I did the SL wing on my 04, I left everything in place and got no error lights. It was a pretty straight-forward swap, and the 560s are even easier since you don't have to remove that ridiculous under-tray with 1001 screws that the 04-08's have.

Still probably easier if you take the decklid off the car (which takes about 5 minutes) - 4 nuts, one plug.

Thanks Mike. I will probably leave most of the parts there except for the part that pushes the wing up and down. Not having a under tray really helps. Everything is there in front of you.

Did you have a camera? I have a camera mount but I have no idea how to mount it inside the new piece. Here is a pic.

photo__11_.JPG

Mike

On your 04, did you run the third brake light up to the wing from the roof? I hear that is a PITB

I am bout to do this conversion on my 05. Do you also have to do something to the wing lift mechanism to keep it from thowing an error on the dash?

Thanks

Don

Mike

On your 04, did you run the third brake light up to the wing from the roof? I hear that is a PITB

I am bout to do this conversion on my 05. Do you also have to do something to the wing lift mechanism to keep it from thowing an error on the dash?

Thanks

Don

I could NOT get that 3rd brake light out above the window. That fucker is glued in there or something (and yes, I removed the two screws). I couldn't find the wire on the interior either...What a pain...So I just wired it to the taillight.

The issue - Audi/Lambo runs their tails at 6v for parking/headlights on, and then ramps up to 12v when you hit the brakes. It's not a dual element bulb, so when you have your headlights on, your third brake light will be dimly lit as well.

Wasn't a big deal for me, I hardly drive at night. There are devices you could wire in to avoid that if it really bothers you.

As far as the wing mechanism...Just disconnect the slider (you'll see what I mean when you're in there). Remove the E-clips, and pop the 'axle' out, and leave the rest in there. ...It will move below the new wing, and the car will think it's all still there.

Memo - baba, post some pix of the wing install! It's Berk! Finally made it over to Lambo Power!

I could NOT get that 3rd brake light out above the window. That fucker is glued in there or something (and yes, I removed the two screws). I couldn't find the wire on the interior either...What a pain...So I just wired it to the taillight.

The issue - Audi/Lambo runs their tails at 6v for parking/headlights on, and then ramps up to 12v when you hit the brakes. It's not a dual element bulb, so when you have your headlights on, your third brake light will be dimly lit as well.

Wasn't a big deal for me, I hardly drive at night. There are devices you could wire in to avoid that if it really bothers you.

As far as the wing mechanism...Just disconnect the slider (you'll see what I mean when you're in there). Remove the E-clips, and pop the 'axle' out, and leave the rest in there. ...It will move below the new wing, and the car will think it's all still there.