Cooling vents

Duck life

Hello there , newbie here. A question about clear bonnets.....will the cooling capability of the clear bonnet be less than the solid ones, because of the vents? Also what are the design difference between the g and the newer LP that makes the elimination of the rear side vents of the car possible on the LPs? Or were they just for styling purpose on older Gs?

The engine does not rely on the bonnet vents to effectively keep itself cool. Those vents are just there to help control 'underhood' convective temps (i.e. helps keep wiring, sensors, and trim from 'overheating'). The actual cooling system on the Gallardos is incredibly efficient and needs little help even when the TT guys stuff 1300+ hp through it.

The vents on the side panels above the rear wheels were really just there for aesthetics. If you looked through them, there is just part of the exhaust pipe that runs below it, but it is well insulated.

I kind of miss them on my LP560...I thought they did alot for the car looks wise...The LP looks too refined...But I guess that's called 'evolution' .

Oh, and FYI - the clear bonnets do have vents - they are on the side of the glass.

The engine Bay seems hotter than my other cars so I was just wondering. Thanks for the info Mike.