Ferrari sales by country 2012

ameer

I found a breakdown of Ferrari sales by country and region in the past year. Thought I'd share it, as some may be interested.

post-9370-1375428069_thumb.jpg

Monaco, Switzerland, Singapore and Sweden have insane numbers, considering there size and pr. capita?? :D

Monaco and Switzerland have by far the most per capita. Sweden isn't that small, neither is Singapore. However Singapore has massive taxes on cars to the tune of 100% or so.

What surprised me though, is that the USA isn't the largest share of the market, I thought it was, but turns out Europe is by far Ferrari's largest market. I also thought the Middle East would have a larger share of the market as well.

Monaco and Switzerland have by far the most per capita. Sweden isn't that small, neither is Singapore.

I was really surprised to see that number for Sweden actually. We're only around 9mil people here so although the country itself is huge, it's not exactly crowded. :icon_mrgreen:

However Monaco and Switzerland do buy a lot more cars/capita than we do as you said.

The original post is inaccurate.

A total of 7,315 street cars were sold to end customers, representing a 7% increase over 2011.

North America remained Ferrari’s no. 1 market (accounting for 28% of worldwide sales), with 2,050 street cars sold to end customers (+13% over 2011).

In Europe, a total of 3,121 street cars were sold to end customers, representing a 2% increase over the prior year. In Western Europe the strongest

performances for the year were the UK, with 665 vehicles sold (+26%), Germany, with 756 vehicles sold (+11%), and Switzerland, with 369 vehicles sold

(+23%). By contrast, sales in Italy contracted 40% to 341 units. France was substantially in line with the prior year at 331 vehicles. For Eastern Europe, the

brand’s most notable gain was in Russia, where sales were up 19%.

In the Middle East and Africa, a total of 540 street cars were sold to end customers (+4%). A solid 36% increase in South Africa (128 vehicles sold), more

than offset the 23% decrease in the United Arab Emirates (the principal market in the region). The Asia-Pacific region continued its upward trend, with a

total of 1,474 cars sold (+9% over 2011) on the back of excellent performance in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia and Japan. Those increases more than

offset the volume decline in Australia (-27% to 109 vehicles). In China, sales to end customers were in line with the prior year at 454 vehicles.

In 2012, Ferrari shipped a total of 7,318 street cars to the network, representing a 5% increase over the prior year and an all-time record for the brand. For

8-cylinder models, there was a 3% year-over-year increase. Shipments of 12-cylinder models were up 11%, driven primarily by the new FF and the new

F12 Berlinetta, which contributed in the fourth quarter.

The original post is inaccurate.

I won't argue with you, I have no idea where the data I posted was collected, do you have a breakdown by country by any chance?

I won't argue with you, I have no idea where the data I posted was collected, do you have a breakdown by country by any chance?

I just found the source of the image you posted. The information included in this analysis is inconsistent from that of Fiat's 2012 Annual Report. Every source I've checked doesn't provide a detailed country-by-country breakdown of sales.

http://fiatgroupworld.com/2013/06/01/ferra...-year-analysis/