Correct Mounting of Aluminum Taillight Reflectors (which side up?)

n_tensetuning

Hello everyone

In the past I have seen Countach LP500s/LP400's with the Aluminum Taillight Reflectors that go behind the Red Perplex Taillight Surrounds mounted in 2 ways since they are reverseable.

(Meaning that you can either have the little squares protruding towards you, or you can flip the aluminum reflector to the other side and have the more recessed little squares toward you, with the protruding squares area towards the trunk)

I took some pics. Hi Resolution close ups to show what I'm talking about.

I imagine that one way will reflect light better than the other.... I'm guessing/thinking that the aluminum reflectors need to have the side with the little squares protruding towards you, and not the other way around and prior owner/body shop put in my aluminum reflectors backwards????

Can someone confirm which side should be up so people are not mounting them backwards (IF) it even matters.

Thanks

David

IMG_3256_zps49c6ec70.jpg

IMG_3260_zps84eb5a5b.jpg

If I recall from when I did mine, they can only go one way. If you check the mount holes and the lens stud cut outs, I think it can only go one way.

If I recall from when I did mine, they can only go one way. If you check the mount holes and the lens stud cut outs, I think it can only go one way.

Thanks for responding BlownDaytona.

I just rechecked everything. All parts are genuine Lamborghini.

I definitely have a left and a right aluminum reflector because If I position one reflector with the small squares protruding fwd, the other one cant have the squares facing up for the same taillight.

It does allow for either swapping the aluminum reflectors to be mounted with the little squares facing forward or backward (square indentation/pockets) against each Red Persplex Tailight surround. Same fit regardless through the studs on the Red Taillight Surround.

From pics I've kept over the years on other Countach Restoration/Paint Projects, I've seen these aluminum reflectors mounted both ways.

This is why I thought I'd ask in this forum hoping that someone will confirm the proper way the aluminum reflectors should be facing in relationship to the way they are stamped (little squares facing up) OR (little squares facing down)

Big Thanks going out to those on the forum (you know who you are) that helped me out and confirmed that the correct way the Aluminum Taillight Reflectors should be mounted underneath the Red Taillight Surrounds.

Which of course is raised/stamped area facing up/visible through/against the Red Tailight Surrounds.

It's easier to decipher which side to face up on the later style Aluminum Taillight Reflectors that had that rice grain/Euro Diamond pattern, but for the earlier year Countaches with the waffle pattern/little squares it can be confusing.

Hope this helps someone down the road that has theirs mounted backwards like mine.

Dave M