Frames for Front Turn Signal Housings & Rear 1/4 Windows 1pc or multi pc?

n_tensetuning

I was hoping someone on the forum has ordered (in the past) the Front Frames that go over the Lenses for the Front Turn Signal Housing Buckets AND the Rear Frames that cover the rear 1/4 light/butt windows and could verify IF what they received was a 1pc frame with NO Seam/Corner Cuts (OR) a multi piece frame with CUT corners (OR) a 1pc frame with cut corners, but tack welded corners on inside to hold frame together as 1pc?

According to the original Countach 5000S (1984) Parts Manual, the Lamborghini part#s are:

*007017025 Right Light Frame *on illustration it shows a 2pc frame

*007017026 Left Light Frame *on illustration it shows a 2p frame

*007017016 Spacer *on illustration it shows a 1pc frame

*007017017 Spacer *on illustration it shows a 1pc frame

I was told by someone that supposedly knows Countaches very well, that the 1/4 light frames from Lamborghini comes as a one piece frame, (Smooth/seamless all around with no cuts) and that due to the inconsistencies in measurements from Countach to Countach because of them being handbuilt, people had to make the cuts in the corners to accomodate variations in the body/actual glass?

and that typically it is the body shops or owner that cut the 4 corners to 45* to make them fit properly around the glass and body cavity. The same goes for the Front Turn Signal Housing Frames that go over the Front Turn Signal Housing lenses, but for those you only make 45* cuts on the 2 straight corners/closest to front hood.

Just wanted to see if Others could shed some light on this.

Pictures for reference

IMG_3371_zps94ea65ee.jpg

IMG_3370_zps250d154c.jpg

IMG_3324_zps5950b29b.jpg

IMG_3323_zpsc88f1329.jpg

Thanks BlownDaytona

Would you happen to have a pic of your rear 1/4 window frames that you could send me or post?

I know that according to the original Parts Diagrams/Illustrations it does look like the rear 1/4 window frames were 1pc with No cuts/seams and the Frames for the Front Turn Signal Housing Covers/Glass showed a 2pc design..... but others have said/seen the rear 1/4 window frames come with all 4 corners cut.

Dave M

my quarter window trim

Thanks BlownDaytona. That proves it that there was a design change to a 1pc from 2pc design at some point. I've only seen one more other Countach with seamless 1/4 window frames.

Very interesting.

Thanks

David