removing 07 spyder top protector tray

fcs1965

does anyone have instructions on removing the top protector tray exposing the engine bay

If it's the same as the Performante just undo all the bolts you can see and carefully remove the plastic friction pin things ( I'm sure there is a more accurate term for them than that!) - remove them carefully because you will have to re-use them and they can break if you give them too much bavv..

I had to take mine off to find the engine number*... I wrestled with the idea of taking it to a garage to get it done but in the end took a look at it and thought: ' how hard can it be?' and it turned out to be not difficult at all really.

* Finding the engine number however, was a major ball-ache.

Just found some pics I took when I removed mine - reminded me further of what's involved..

The cover is actually made up of two parts , one on top of each other.

The top part is held in by the plastic rivets and torx screws:

fixings.jpg

And the bottom section is held in place by the bolts.

Also you will have to move / remove the collar around the fuel filler to ease out the covers.

Just be aware of the drain pipes attached to the bottom section - they will need to go back as they came out.

( this is all assuming the '11 is the same as the '07 of course)

And in case anyone comes across this page looking for how to obtain the engine number on the G - this is what you are going to need:

camera.jpg